More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by LustyBoy LustyBoy

Whose tale is being told today?

Name forgotten to Time (M), the Divine Caretaker

"You didn't leave anything noteworthy behind, did you?"

You slowly open your eyes. You can't see anything around you, just darkness. And yet, you can see your own body clear as day. Also, there is no ground below you, just endless void. Huh, guess you died.

"You wanted to. You still do. But your life was cut short before you could."

And now god is talking to you. Or some other entity. This doesn't look like heaven, but not like hell either. Pherhaps it's purgatory?

"Could you quiet down your thoughts for a little and allow me to explain? Thank you. What was I... Oh right, your life is over and I have an offer for you. If you decline, you'll simply continue on your way to the afterlife. However, if you take up this offer, you'll become a Divine Caretaker under my patronage."

In front of you appears a planet. Similar to Earth when it comes to colours, but the continents are completely different.

"It doesn't have a name yet, I figured the inhabitants will name it on their own anyway. You see, I chose you because I relate to you on some level. I'm a young and inexperienced deity that wants to do some good, as you did during your lifetime. And we'll both need each other's help."

Your clothes vanish from your body, instead replaced by silky, white robes with some weird, golden symbols decorating the torso, wrists and hips.

"Your task, as a Divine Caretaker, will be to go into my world and lead the newborn civilization into a bright future. Your experience of what a civilization is and should be is far greater than mine, as you already lived in a society. In exchange to your work, you will be granted immortality and the gift of semi-divinity. Or, as some people call it in your world: Magic."

The voice stops for a moment, giving you time to think... Will you accept the offer and become a Divine Caretaker?

Accept the offer?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)