More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by techtactic techtactic

What does your new levels bring?

Moving up in the world

Text flashes before your eyes as you hover mid-air.

Level 8!
Wow! That many? That necromancer wasn’t kidding when he went on about his abilities.
+15 melee
+4 ranged
Ability Gained!
Harmonious Song – Compels obedience from creatures with low willpower
Ability Gained!
Sky's the Limit - Allows flying higher on mountain

At last! You can finally leave the foothills! Yes! Even as you hover there you feel your wingspan gain some inches, spreading in the rays of the sun as if reaching for more sky to grab. Your legs bunch and grow beneath you, even your breasts seem to gain a bit of volume, swelling to the next cup size. Oh yes. That’s nice. You’re not a runt anymore!

As you bask in the sun you catch sight of blue and white among the rubble below. Oh. Right. That. You dip down, pulling up short with a squawk of surprise as you plunge through the air. Right. You’re faster now. This may take a bit of getting used to. More carefully, you descend to the chaos of the landslide you caused. Your talons scrape, catching at a stone and with some momentary awkward hopping you manage to stabilize yourself. Wow! So this is what it feels like to be tall. You straighten your back, bringing your head up high with renewed confidence. You must be at least six foot! Your wingspan nearly the same if you had to guess. You fan out your wing for inspection and smile at your dappled feathers. Beautiful.

Oh, right. The priest. You hop over to the prone figure and peer at his face. Yep. He’s out. And kind of cute too, even under all the dust. That slide must have done a real number on his health. You raise your foot, talons out and prepare to cut his throat when you pause. Wait. Hold on. Let’s think about this. If you kill him, you gain a quick bit of experience. Not much, as he is a low level, but it might bring you to the next cap.

But, and let’s think hard on this. Maybe you could make this work for you. He’s low enough level you can probably keep him in line. And, of course, as bait for that ranger. If he doesn’t respawn she’ll be sure to come after him, maybe even lugging along some other adventurers you can ambush.

You tap your black talon against the pink skin of his throat. Hm. To farm or not to farm…

Kill him? Or maybe try and make use of him first?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)