More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Azulblade Azulblade

Now, Once Again, What Are You?

Moon Wolf (Alt.)

Gazing up at the full moon, it always calmed you after being put through the wringer. If it wasn’t some of the stronger monsters using you as a punching bag, it was either the starting adventures using you for farming or veterans coming to check out the new area.

You are a moon wolf. An enemy of the newest area brought in with the latest expansion: The Isle of Nalu. Named after the moon god, shrouded in an endless night, this place was to bring a new level of ancient secrets, unknown creatures, the history of Nalu and Helia, and an ancient cult wanting to spread an eternal night throughout the world.

Unfortunately for you, you’re neither a legendary beast nor a boss within the temple of night. In fact, the only main difference between Moon Wolves and any other wolf is a crescent moon mark on your forehead.

You can call yourself unique though as your colors are different. Instead of being black, blue, or green with the white moon mark, you instead have silver fur and a black moon mark on your forehead. Now, you would think that be interesting…

However, on an Isle constantly in the dark, you’re an easy target to spot. Which makes it easier for adventurers, monsters, or hell, even other moon wolves to find and torment you!

Sigh, whoever programmed you had a cruel sense of humor.

Growing bored, for the umpteenth time, you decide to take a look at your measly stats and open the window.

(Unique) Moon Wolf

Level: 3

Melee Attack: 3

Ranged Attack: 1

Defense: 2

Magical Attack: 0

Magical Defense: 2

Special Abilities:

Night Vision: Allows visibility in the dark.

Lunar Flash: Temporarily blind opponents for 5 seconds for every magic attack point.

Not exactly good stats and the only positive is that you can make a quick escape if you need to. Laying down, you wonder how you can make things better for yourself. There has to be more than just getting used for your pelt, experience, or just practice adventurers. Yeah, you're real 'unique'

“There’s got to be something better than this?” You refuse for this to be the rest of your existence. You just ne-

Your thoughts are cut off with the familiar fanfare of horns, signaling the arrival of adventurers in the area. Growling softly, you get up and head into the forest to find a place to hide. You don’t get too far before you start hearing voices. Being careful, you crouch low and hide behind a fallen tree and wait.

What's coming your way?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)