More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by wicker wicker

Which power do you choose?

Mind Control (Jed McNeal)

Twenty four year old Jed McNeal had just entered the psychology lab. It was 6:00 am, and he had been up all night studying and was still wired after having several cups of strong coffee. Being a grad student, he had a key to the lab. He was in charge of clearing out Professor Huffman's belongings. Professor Huffman was killed as he was crossing the street from campus - a drunk driver ran into him, killing him instantly.

As Jed when through Professor Huffman's file cabinet, he noticed one of the drawers had a metal wall towards the back as if to make the drawer shorter. He knocked on it, and it shifted. He pulled the piece of metal loose, and a notebook fell out.

The notebook was marked: Mind Control - a Reality. Jed sat on the floor by the cabinet and read through the notebook. Apparently Huffman had invented a mind control device. Jed looked in the cabinet drawer and saw a black pouch shoved up against the back. He pulled it out and opened the pouch. It was a pair of what looked like ordinary tortoise shell eye glasses, but with a small black button on the right bar. There parts that fit over the ears were bulkier than normal glasses. Jed red through the notebook. Apparently, when the glasses were activated, they sent infrared and radio waves that would put anyone looking into the glasses into a trance. The rays interrupted the person's mind that controlled will power and reinforced concentration. After the glasses were powered off, the person would return to normal, but any commands implanted into the person still be in the person's mind. The journal went on to say Huffman had successfully tested out the glasses, but he found them unethical, so he secreted them away.

Jed's heart was pounding, part of him did not believe this was true, but another part knew that Professor Huffman had been a brilliant researcher.

Jed got up and put the glasses on. They felt a bit heavy over the ears. He used his phone to check out how they looked.

He needed to try them out, but on whom?

what does he do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)