More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Nervysniper Nervysniper

Where does she go next?

Mascot duty

(This chapter was originally made by user Teraton at Writing.com )

Mackenzie could've cried. She could've shouted, and screamed. She could have dropped dead right there. Instead, she herself to settle on a long, drawn out sigh.

Mascot duty.

Possibly the worst job in the park- seeing it show up next to your name was like reading an obituary. The suits were cumbersome things with very little ventilation. She had an extended break in the middle if the day, sure, but it didn't mean much when the rest of her shift would be sweltering, stumbling, and surrounding herself with kids, as likely to cry or, depending in their age, mock the mascot, as they were to enjoy its company.

By the time Mackenzie made it to her 'dressing room' (a glorified supply closet) the costume was waiting for her. "Cathy the Cat" was a black feline with cartoonish lay big eyes and a blue dress. A joke amongst the employees was how if you got out on mascot duty, "Cathy had crossed your path," the poor sod in the suit unanimously regarded as unlucky. The red head wiped a bead of sweat from her brow; Just looking at the outfit was making her feel the heat.

It wasn't exactly smiled upon, but some of her coworkers had talked about 'breaking dress code' by not wearing their uniforms under the costume. Mackenzie wasn't so sure she wanted to risk it, but ultimately...

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)