More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Izix Izix

What are you?

Lesser water elemental

You are a small ball of water, a ball of water that can think but a small ball none the less. Over your many incarnations you have been killed, fried and insulted time and time again. People confuse you a lot with slime's, u, they usually call you a slime. The nerve on those heroes! Comparing your turquoise form to those sticky balls of goo! Having just barely survived a class of mages you look across the for now almost empty place you call home.

Being a lesser elemental you are used for target practice, always spawning in the quarry near the mages academy, you and your other elemental brothers and sisters are used to teach the weaknesses and strengths of Magic types. You have seen countless fire elementals turned into puffs of smoke by water apprentices, and earth elementals blown away, scattered to the wind by those pesky wind mages, don't they know how hard it is for a being consisting of sand to gather itself after being blown apart?

If only you where something else than a "Lesser" elemental, you have heard the story's about gigantic water elementals ruling the seas, powerful beings, able to crash fleets of ships with a mere thought. Or an earth elemental living below even the deepest dwarven city's, crushing entire neighborhoods when they disrupt his sleep.

Enough is enough, i will no longer be used as a zapping target! I will show those pesky mages what a proud water elemental can do!
You sigh, causing a few bubbles to form in your body and for the thousandth time you open your stat screen.

Lesser water elemental
Lvl: 3
Melee Attack: 1
Ranged Attack: 7
Weakness: Lightning Magic
Special Abilities:
Water Bolt: use part of your body as a projectile, the bigger the part you use the bigger the damage inflicted
Absorb: Regenerate parts of your body/Lost HP by being in contact with water.
Immune to blunt weapon damage

As you ponder how you can actually make use of your one damaging ability without killing yourself you hear the music heralding the coming of heroes, you brace yourself and scan your surroundings, one of the perks of being a ball: no one sneaks up on you without you seeing them first.

Looking around a corner you see a group of four cloaked beings walk into the quarry. Acording to the colours of their robes 3 of them are "apprentices", the lowest mage rank, and one of them, a mere one rank higher "trainee". Trying to stay hidden you roll back, but it was not meant to be, you hear one of them yell: "I spotted one!" and mere seconds later you feel a gust of wind trowing you out of your hiding place into the open.

Now in front of them you give them a quick look. The one that spotted you wears the crest of the wind mages, he is an elfish looking guy not really that good looking and unusually thin. The trainee is a buff looking human, wearing the crest of amplification mages, (a form of magic where magic is used to enhance the physical abilitys, usually not the brightest students) Then there is an exotic looking one, a dark skinned woman. She also wears the Crest of wind mages. And the last one is a small satyr girl, wearing the crest of the(by you) hated lightning mages.

The amplification mage motions for his friends to stand back and runs at you, swinging his staff and sending you flying with one blow. That would be the mistake that would be fatal to him and his friend you think. Because one: you are immune to blunt hits, and well a staff is blunt no matter how you look at it, and two: you are send right into the river running trough the quarry.

Seeing your foes run after you raising their staves in unison you don't hesitate and yell yourself: Activate Absorb! Activate Water Bolt! as quickly as you can absorb it you you start shooting water bolts at the mages, the mere quantity of the bolts is enough to fell the trainee and his elven friend, making them burst into golden dust as they are no doubt respawning back at the academy. You hear a distinct Ding and focus on the bleeding mages left. Killing one of them would be wise, but which one?

Kill the wind or the lightning mage?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)