More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Fiftyfiftyfifty Fiftyfiftyfifty

Who do you want to follow?

Jinny Eskridge

The beautiful redhead Jinny strolled down the main road of Divinity's Reach, the largest human city as well as a cultural center. Around her body was a verdant low-hanging, loose-fitting silken outfit not unlike that of a belly dancer's. It cut off to show her toned stomach, and spots of freckles adorned her cleavage in addition to being over her face. Like usual, her hair was tied back behind her head with a black band, and a tattered scabbard held her trusty but worn rapier. She was on her way to the Busted Flagon, a commonly visited tavern on the southwestern side of town. On that cloudy spring day, the door was left open to let in the fresh air, as well as to welcome visitors.

As she stepped in, she spied a dark-skinned woman behind the counter, and a few other patrons enjoying a rest, including two charr drinking at the front, a towering norn siting on his own at the corner table, and a sylvari couple enjoying lunch together around the middle area. With a smile on her face, she stepped up to the counter--always happy to speak with strangers. She was always a social butterfly.

"Hi there." I don't recognize the bartender today. She must be newer, she thought.

The woman behind the counter nodded and greeted her customer with a smile. "Good afternoon. I think I've seen you around these parts a bit before. What brings you in today, ma'am? Stomach empty?"

Jinny wiped off her brow. "Do you have mango juice? I just finished doing some exercises and now I'm really thirsty. But I need to stay in shape, to be a better swordsman."

"That's an exotic import. I do, but it's a little pricey I admit. Supply and demand. I can bring you a tall mug for five silver, though."

That's pretty expensive just for a drink, she pondered, though couldn't help but imagine how tasty it would be right about then.

Suddenly, the charr beside her--covered in white fur with black stripes--turned away from his companion to speak. The other kept to his own business. His wide, feline form would threaten most, especially as he stoodtwo feet taller than her, with long, sharp teeth and claws. "Girl... You said you're a swordsman, correct?"

Jinny turned, though not with any visible fear. "That's right. I practice swordplay as well as illusory magic."

"I see. Like a mesmer. Well, this day has been nothing but boring so far, so I have another question for you. Would you care to spar? Not a fight to the of course. The guards in your human city would be very displeased. Winner goes to first-hit. And if I win..." He drew from his coin pouch five silver coins and placed them before the barkeep. "You pay me back for this, with another five on top, for my profit. But if you win, consider the debt fulfilled."

Unable to back down from such a fun-sound challenge, she raised a fist. "Deal!"

The woman behind the counter filled the mug, and Jinny began to gulp it down with pleasure and excitement. It was refreshing, sweet, and tickled her taste buds. When finally finished, she let out a long exhale of relief, and smacked the empty mug down onto the counter top. "That was great," she muttered.

From his side, he unsheathed a lengthy blade and began to walk towards the door without even looking back. "Follow me then, lest you wish to remain in debt. I don't advise that."

Onwards to the next page.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)