More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Haoro Haoro

Who does he see?

His older sister, Princess Genevieve ( Route)

Standing there in the open doorway was a fierce woman in gleaming steel armor, her dark brown hair flowing down her back. Her head was covered by a knightly helm, and in one mailed fist she held a shining sword. Marcus gasped from under his blankets. A lady knight, a real one! Only she didn't seem like the type to sweep him off his feet and kiss him.

"Get out from under there, Marcus." The woman snapped. The young prince just squeaked in shock. How did she know his name? "I said get out!" Her voice was so hard and scary it spooked the anxious prince into moving. He squirmed out of his covers like a little mouse emerging from its burrow. Wearing only his thin sleeping shift, he shivered in front of the scary knight, feeling her gaze drift up and down his body. "Still the same scared little runt, huh?" She sighed, reaching up to her helmet. Marcus froze. Runt? There was only one person who called him that.

Sure enough, when the scary knight sheathed her sword and lifted her helmet from her head he found himself staring at the face of his older sister, Genevieve. She had the same big, blue eyes and soft features as him, but that was where the similarities ended. Jenny was strong and tall and brave and smart, unlike him, and while her hair was the same shade of silver she kept it long. She was also five years older and growing up she'd been his heroine, protecting him from the noble girls who were always trying to grab and bully him.

It was kind of funny thinking about it now. She'd acted like it was the worst thing in the world for a girl to even touch him, furious with him when he let it happen, but then she was constantly teasing him too! Like all the times she'd stolen his clothes when he was bathing. She used to try to catch him naked afterwards, and then tickle him until he couldn't breath! He'd pretended to be scared of her, but really he'd thought she was the most amazing, bravest person he'd ever met.

Until that awful day three years ago when his parents had called her a traitor and thrown her out. He hadn't seen her even once since, and he'd been terribly lonely and sad without her. Now she was back...only what would his parents say?

"Jenny?" Marcus managed to gasp. "What are you doing here? Father had you..." He swallowed anxiously.

"Exiled, right." She smirked. "Did dear old Dad ever even tell you why?"

"No." Marcus shook his head. His Father had told him Jenny was gone, and that was it.

"I was going to overthrow him." Jenny explained. "Now I've come back to finish the job, with an army of exiles at my back. Our gutless coward Father didn't even try to stop me. Not that he could have. I outmaneuvered him at every turn. The Kingdom's mine now. And guess what, it was all because of you."

"Me?" Marcus frowned in confusion. He didn't understand...

What does his sister want?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)