More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by moonblack moonblack

What do you do?

Go check out the group

You decide you should go and check out the group you hear. After all, what's the worst that could happen – get killed again? It's not like you have anything to lose...

If doesn't take long to find them. It is a group of three: two guys and a girl. One of the guys is clearly some sort of fighter, as shown by his dark gray metal armor and the large claymore on his back, while the other guy is likely a spellcaster, since he is wearing a dark purple robe. The girl is also wearing a robe, but a bright red one, matching her red hair hair. A ball of bright yellow light is floating above the trio, illuminating the corridor around them. Clearly they don't care about hiding or stealth.

With nothing better to do you follow them from a distance, just outside the range of their light spell, and listen to their conversation.

“And you're absolutely sure something like that can be found here?” The girl sounds doubtful.

“Yes, absolutely sure.” Answers the guy in the robe. “We were quite shocked to discover such a rare item in a low-level dungeon like this one.”

“Maybe it's an easter egg of some sort.” Suggests the armored guy.

“Or maybe it's a new addition.” Theorizes the spellcaster. “Recently this place got updated a few times. Maybe it was added as a way to make this dungeon more attractive.”

“Could be.” The girl does not sound convinced. “I just hope we find something, because if you guys are just wasting my time...”

“We're not, you'll see.” The robed guy assures her quickly, apparently not wanting to get on the girl's bad side.

“It won't be long now. The room is just at the end of this corridor, and then you'll see for yourself.” Says the armored guy. “Let's talk about something else. I heard a rumor about a lake where a special gem appears at the bottom under specific circumstances. I wonder if it's true?”

“Ah, I heard about that!” Quips the girl. “Supposedly it's part of some new quest, but no one I asked knew which one, or what the gem can be used for-”

The conversation is interrupted by the screeching of a group of giant bats that attack the party. The armored guy stands at the front, protecting his companions, and proceeds to kill all the bats using just his armored fists. The other guy and the girl just watch. You can't see their faces, but you are willing to bet they both look bored.

Once the bats have been dealt with the group continues forward, with you trailing them. Eventually the group reaches the end of the corridor. To the left and the right is another, wider, corridor, while in front of them is a seemingly-empty cell.

“Here?” The girl asks as she goes inside.

“Yes, here.” Says the armored guy and touches one of the stones on the wall to the left of the small cell. Suddenly a heavy iron portcullis falls down with a very loud clang, blocking the only exit. The girl turns around sharply and glares at the two guys that are now standing outside.

“Hey, what's the big idea?!”

You can't see their faces, but you are willing to bet they both are now grinning triumphantly.

“Don't bother trying to teleport away. If you look up at the ceiling you'll see some runes. They block teleportation. In other words you are now trapped.” Says the armored guy. “So be a good little slut and do as we say. For starters take off your clothes.” Adds the robed one.

“Oh, I see.” Says the girl, not sounding worried in the slightest. “You're the jerks I heard about. You bring girls to isolated locations, then rob and them.”

“So you've heard about us, huh? Good for you! Too bad you didn't realize who we are before you got yourself in this mess...” The spellcaster sounds quite smug as he says that.

The girl in the red robe looks directly at you and smiles. “Say, did you guys notice the skeleton following us?”

"Yeah, sure, kinda hard to miss a burning skeleton with no stealth skills whatsoever.” Answers the armored guy dismissively. “What about it?”

The girl grins and points a finger at you. “You should have destroyed it when you had the chance.” She says, then chants something quietly – too quiet for you to hear. Suddenly red light erupts from the ceiling above you and envelopes you.

“Oh, please! You don't really think a mere skeleton is a threat for either of us, do you?” Says the robed guy without even looking at you. You barely register his words as you are busy reading – and rereading – the message that appeared in front of you after the red light vanished.

Karmic Punishment
Targets: Rick the Jolly and Grag the L33T
Effect: All damage inflicted on targets is multiplied by 100; all damage received from the targets is divided by 100. Targets' critical hit chance reduced to 0% when attacking you.
Duration: Until targets are dead, or until they manage to kill you

Awesome! You think as you realize that this is your best chance to EVER kill an adventurer and level up. As you equip your rusty spear you have only one thought in your mind: Who do I kill first?

Who do you kill first?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)