More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Javalar Javalar

Who is our protagonist?

Gilly - Human and the baker's daughter.

Gilly listened to the rain and the storm raging outside, mindlessly forming little, round pastries. Her father often left her working alone in the bakery when the storm hit town. She had asked him once about it, and he had said "I have to knead some dough with your mother", which, to her understanding, didn't make sense. As far as she knew, he went upstairs - and there was no working room upstairs. Still, she didn't mind much. She enjoyed the calm hours of the storm and she really liked to fully concentrate on creating these delicious treats. She truly was a baker's daughter, Gilly thought.

Father also had told her very clearly that she was not supposed to go outside during a storm. He repeated that every time, ever since her 16th birthday three years back. From what Gilly understood, the storm was dangerous, but she didn't really know how exactly. The "Lussstorm", people called it. Or "Loss storm"? Because people got lost once they went out?

Gilly shrugged and continued to work on her pastries.

BANG

A sudden loud bang on the door made her yelp. She stopped kneading and stared at the door. Nobody ventured out during a Loss storm. Nobody. If somebody was banging at her door, it either meant that there was a stranger outside, not from this village - or somebody was so and in danger that he decided to go out anyway.

BANG

Another one followed.

Gilly wiped her hands on her apron.

What should she do?

What does Gilly decide?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)