More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Javalar Javalar

What does Gilly decide?

She peeks through the window first.

Somehow, the banging didn't really sound like a person in need. Reluctantly, she made her way towards the door. Maybe she should see who it was first though...

She took a few steps to the side and carefully pressed her face against the window. What she saw made her eyes go wide.

Outside in the rain, in front of the sturdy door she saw two small figures. Relatively small in size the creatures had twin horns protruding from their heads, big pointy ears and... were those tails? Gilly gasped. Demons, she thought. She had never seen a demon before, but Granny Ursha was fond of all kinds of stories that contained mystical creatures, demons and fiends.

She started to shiver. Should she call her father for help? Or would that shout just attract the creatures outside and reveal her presence. Maybe it was better to hold still and wait for them to pass. Surely they had not come to this house on purpose. Was this the secret of the Loss storms? Demons roaming the realm?

Her eyes darted around the room and searched for something that she could use as a weapon. But the bakery's main working room did not offer much choice in that regard. This was not a butcher's house, after all.

Another bang on the door, followed by the crack of an axe or something similar hitting the wood told her that she was running out of time. She needed to make a decision - fast!

What's Gilly's decision?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)