More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3

What class are you?

Fighter

/===========================================================================================\
Name: Pack Leader Z2#2
Race: Ghoul
Class: Novice Fighter
Level: 3

VITAL STATISTICS

STR: 80
DEX: 80
CON: 50 (Race Locked)
APP: 22
CHA: 70
WIS: 65
INT: 55

DERIVED STATISTICS

HP: 60
MP: 57
MV: 24
SS: 17.7
LR: 14.7
AG: 20.5
PC: 17

RACE ABILITIES

Undead: Harmed by Positive Energy, Healed by Negative Energy. CON is 'race locked' and cannot be increased with stat points earned from leveling.
Ghoul's Touch: Spend 10 Mana when making an attack with claws or teeth on a living target: causes PARALYSIS 100% of the time minus target's CON score.
Ghoul Hunger: Must consume fresh raw meat to reduce HUNGER: however does not die if HUNGER reaches 100%, pass out if HUNGER reaches 90%, or gain the Nauseated condition if HUNGER reaches 80%.
Holy Vulnerability: you take X3 damage from HOLY attacks and weapons.

CLASS ABILITIES

Cleave: If your attack kills a target any excess damage may carry over to another target in range.
Mighty Blow: (5MP) You strike your foe with a surge of strength, if the attack hits it deals double damage. Target's Agility is doubled against this wild swing.

SPECIAL ABILITIES

(Standard) Dungeon Aegis: In the dungeon of >Cassowary's Crypt<, on >Level 2< >and up<, you may take command of any un-commanded >Ghoul< >Wandering Monsters<and make them part of your retinue. You may command no more than >5< total >Ghoul< >Wandering Monsters< in this way >none of whom may have class levels or be NAMED CHARACTERS<. >Standard: you spawn with a Retinue of normal number and composition for your level.<
Florentine Style: You may fight with any Light Weapon in your off hand, striking two blows with each attack.
Main Gauche: If wielding two weapons you may use your off hand weapon defensively, gaining a bonus as per a light shield of the weapon's material.

\===========================================================================================/

You look over your sheet, and once again are disgusted by the uselessness of it all. Your abilities could perhaps be useful, were it not for one key fact: you spawn with bronze weaponry and armor.

Copper/Bronze is the third lowest tier material in the game, right above wood/common claws and stone/bone/common teeth. Any decent armor will turn it aside with no damage and unlike your claws and teeth which only have to CONNECT to activate your 'Ghoul's Touch' ability, not do damage, your sword is only useful if it can strike a meaningful blow, which against heroes in enscorceled steel, is all but impossible.

You close the screen in disgust, and start thinking about how to use the five ghouls that spawned with you to best advantage, you are feeling frisky today and are in a mood to sell their un-lives dearly against the first group of adventurers who comes calling.

What stratagems spring to mind?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)