More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Nemo of Utopia Nemo of Utopia

Now, Once Again, What Are You?

Drow (Alternate 2)

It has come to your 222nd year. You are to be tried by the goddess Lolth and judged either worthy or unworthy, yet the texts do not say which result is which: on the one hand, you might remain a Drow, remain part of society and be judged an adult... On the other, you could become a Drider, and most likely be killed, for it is a known commandment that all Driders are to be driven forth from the cities and slain if possible...

You would think this would make it obvious that the Driders were the failures and those that stayed Drow the successes, but there is an undercurrent, a hidden shadow in every adult's face when a new Drider bursts forth from the testing chambers and attempts to escape, and the look is not one of contempt, or pity, or sorrow: but rather remembered shame and current envy. Also, why are the halls of the testing chambers always, in every city, built big enough that a drider can pass through them and fight in them easily, but not big enough for squads of Drow and race guards to readily swarm them? Why were the testing chambers warded against scrying from without, but not within: and the same for teleportation, you could teleport yourself out of the chamber to a bolt-hole you had prepared somewhere far away, but no one could observe the test and if the testee failed, teleport a squad of house troops in to kill the offender before he/she brought shame on his/her family?

These questions vex you on the eve of your test, but before we can proceed with the story, we must know more about who you are...

What Is Your Name, Gender, Class, And Level?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)