More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Godzilla87 Godzilla87

Did you just level up?

Don't know, still busy

Frozen in shock, you can't believe what you're seeing. You actually took out someone. And not just someone, you took out a group of someone's. You managed to kill two heroes and now have two at your mercy. Feeling more powerful, you stand up and puff out your chest with pride. You're about a foot taller than your previous form, but before you can examine more you see the priestess wasn't even grazed by the tree. You eye up the priestess before making your move. She's wearing a brown leather corset with bronze studs reinforcing it. The corset covers from her large breasts to her crotch in one solid piece. Her upper thighs remain exposed to the world while she wears thigh length leather boots. A black hooded cloak is draped over her otherwise bare shoulders.
She looked confused about her next move. Realizing she is probably the most inexperienced one in the group, you hope she will be an easy source of more experience.
Rasing your knife, you step toward the priestess. Then suddenly, she searches through her inventory. You throw your knife while she is occupied. As it sails forward, the priestess pulls a small buckler out in time to block the attack, but the knife still hits her right arm doing 4 damage. Her defense blocked most of the attack.
Realizing you can't possibly take her in a straight up fight especially with just half your HP remaining, you turn to run. Then the priestess casts a spell. You catch fire and immediately your health is restored.
At full health, you turn back to the would-be hero and smile with confidence. The priestess realizes her mistake and scrambles through her inventory again. You see she puts her buckler away giving you a chance to do some serious damage. With knife in hand, you fly forward like a spear. The priestess pulls out a blue potion. Thinking it's only a mana potion, you keep going. She throws it at you. Her aim is off though and it explodes against a tree to your left. The tree and air around it is frozen. You feel shards of ice hitting all around damaging you.
You turn tail and fly upward into the trees, moments before the priestess chucks another vial at you that explodes into shards of ice beneath you. Fortunately, her aim still sucks and the miss was as good as a mile.
You keep flying until you were sure you are safely out of sight of the priestess. Pausing for a moment on a tree branch you raise your arms in triumph. You actually won a fight! Well, considering you ran away, you revise the statement to at least you didn't lose or get killed. And you leveled up as you take a moment to go over your new stats.

LEVEL UP!
Level 5
Melee Attack: 8
Ranged Attack: 10
Special Abilities

Throwing Knife
Flight
Fire Eater- Fire attacks restore health by 10% of base damage
Whoa. This is awesome. I'm awesome. You think to yourself. You've never leveled up before. You didn't even know you could get something better than fire immunity, now it actually restores your HP. If only you had a fire ability then you could heal the damage from that priestess' frost potion. But oh well. Maybe next time. But why did melee go up so much more than your ranged stat? You check your equipment and find that in addition to your throwing knife, you have a new longer knife, about the length of your forearm. You pull it out and give it a few slices at the air. This day just kept getting better and better. You jump with excitement and hit your head on the branch above you. You forgot, you're now taller. A massive growth spurt that practically made you a giant! Your skin was darker to, almost more black than purple. Your horns were longer, rather than little bumps, they actually were starting to look like something. Your wings are larger to carry your now larger body.
Now to find those heros before their friends get back to them from town.

What happens now?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)