More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

What are you?

Deep Elf (A.K.A. 'Drow')

You are far from the weakest monster in the game, you have 15 levels under your belt and quality steel equipment, the envy of many's the low level adventurer.

This still makes you wizard fodder in your zone.

You are a rebel 'Deep Elf', more commonly refereed to by the adventurers as 'Drow', though you have no idea why. You are one of about 30 occupying a small fortress dug into the side of a smallish cavern in one area of 'The World Beneath', where you have fled after the destruction of your clan and of all your siblings, parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, and other relatives. Here you hide from the ruling matriarchy of 'Mezorzibarzien', the Deep Elf city of your birth, wishing they would forget about you, but knowing that to be a futile dream. There is a Quest to eliminate you and the rest of the Deep Elves in the fortress, which a group of players undertake every two or three days, typically slaughtering everyone in it, not just your fellow Deep Elves who drop the 'rebel medallions' needed for the Quest, but also all of your Hobgoblin, Orc, Troll, and 'Thrall' allies, serfs, and servants, even if they don't attack.

You hear the fanfare that heralds the arrival of another group of these psychopaths into the zone and rush to the outer barrier, where you can attack them and with luck kill them before they can enter the fortress. On the way you look at your stats, purely out of of habit, nothing has changed since the last time you leveled about a year ago.

What class are you?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)