More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by BreaktheBar BreaktheBar

What's the game?

Dares in a Hat [Pool Edition]

[Author's Note: I've kept an eye on this story for years now, and there have always been some things that developed in other lines that were OK in moderation to add tension, but just didn't play to the fantasy I was looking for. Readers can expect this branch to stay away from the cuck and / elements that appear in many others. Editing pass occurred Dec, 2022. This branch is now written in 3rd person, and does not use the variable tags. ]

If I was being honest with myself, even though some of my closest friends were at the party I was still starting to feel like it might have been a better idea to stay home that night. My Eng310 course was kicking my ass with the number of readings every week, and I'd proven to myself over and over again that I just didn't have Game.

Parties like this happened every couple of weeks, and Sarah was often the host since she shared a house with her older sister – paid for by Daddy, of course – and Tiff was out of town a lot. As long as Sarah had it cleaned up by Sunday afternoon, she could invite as many people over as she wanted and party into the night. Booze flowed, music blasted through their sound system and on any one party night a good eighty people might filter through before most of them went out to one of the student bars or clubs by midnight.

The night had gone pretty much as usual. Matt and I had driven over from the little student flat we rented up town, picking up Nicole on the way. Matt had dressed up in his best new 'clubbing' outfit with a dark patterned dress shirt, white slacks and brown belt and shoes. He'd overspent on the outfit, but he'd also bought it on the recommendation of Sarah so it was hard to blame him for coming up short on grocery money that month. Matt had been crushing on the redhead for almost as long as I had been on our other friend Miranda – I might have had him beat by one day of frosh week two and a half years ago.

Jesus, two and a half years. How had it been that long since I met Miranda?

I hadn't bothered to spend as much time primping for the party as Matt had, just throwing on a clean t-shirt and some jeans. I could pass muster if we ended up tagging along to one of the student clubs in town, and that was good enough. Thankfully Nicole hadn't gone overboard either; when we picked her up from her place she was wearing a tank top underneath a zip-up hoodie, a pair of ripped skinny jeans and her beaten-up converse shoes. Her small breasts – I'd known her for way too long to think of them as tits – were almost hidden in the sweater, and she'd been sparse with her makeup. I was thankful, figuring that my oldest friend wasn't interested in a long night out either.

Sarah, on the other hand, was dolled up and decked out to the nines. She was wearing a tight green dress that contrasted with her freckled skin, classic Irish green eyes and fiery hair. When Matt and Nicole and I had walked in the door she had come over and given us all big hugs, pressing her big tits against us unapologetically, and I noticed Matt gave her just a fraction longer of a hug, and maybe just a bit more of a squeeze. I'd been shaking my head with a bit of a smirk at my friend's disastrous desires when Miranda had swept through the front hallway like an angel, freezing my feet to the ground. My own disaster crush had arrived.

When I did some occasional navel-gazing and thought about the girls I had crushed on in my life, both back in high school and celebrities, my type actually lent towards girls who looked like Nicole – punky, grungy styles with some attitude and some geek tendencies. Short and blonde didn't hurt either. The problem with Nicole was that she was practically a sibling – our mothers had been Sorority Sisters way back when and we had grown up two doors down from each other, calling the other's mother 'Auntie.'

Miranda, unlike Nicole, was a brunette who put a lot of effort into her looks. Her makeup was always soft but expertly applied, her perky lips covered in a soft shade of red, and her hair shiny and silky with dyed layers of gold and darker browns making it look like cascading water. She was dressed in a slinky black dress with a lacy gold accent covering her cleavage. It ended higher than mid-thigh but she wore a pair of shiny black leggings that almost looked like leather to keep her modesty. Strappy heels made her legs go on forever, putting her at eye level with me.
Her welcoming grin had been sweet and happy, and she'd hugged me, and I'd self-consciously moved my hips back just slightly so she wouldn't feel the chub forming in my pants.

That was the last I had interacted with her for the night though.

Other students, some we knew and some we didn't, filtered through the party. Beer pong, dancing, lots of talking and drinking. Some couples forming, making out in dark corners or heading out to the backyard for some privacy. Sarah and Miranda were dancers, the redhead grinding herself against guys and girls equally, flashing her seductive smile and passing out kisses like they were about to go out of style. Miranda was a little more demure, though more than a few guys danced with her briefly in the darkened living room.

Matt was something of a puppy, following Sarah around while trying to not look like he was doing it. He danced with her a couple of times, which was better than I was doing (or not doing) with Miranda, and helped her out more than once with carrying things, cleaning spilled drinks and sending a couple of the overly-drunk guests out the door.

That left me, watching Miranda make her way through the party like an effortless Ghost of Coed Present (as an English major, Dickens jokes are fair game), spending most of my time at the party with Nicole. We chatted with friends and acquaintances, shared a six-pack of coolers (her choice, not mine) over a few hours and played a round of beer pong against Tom and his buddy Gavin. Tom was one of those guys who everyone in the college knew because he was a loud, infamously dickish kind of guy who got by on 'frat boy' charm, his parents money and being on a mildly successful sports team – in his case, he was an assistant captain on the lacrosse team.

It was right after the beer pong game, which Tom spent most of his time trying to egg Nicole into flashing him a nipple to distract him which she was having one of, that Nicole noticed me staring across the room and out into the hall where Miranda was standing talking to some people who were leaving the house. Nicole elbowed me in the side and shot me a 'go talk to her' urge with her eyes, gesturing for me to walk over.

I shrugged, and Nicole rolled her eyes. She ran a hand through her long, silvery blonde hair to smooth it back from her face and then turned and walked over to Miranda just as the brunette was waving goodbye to the people leaving the party. Panic rose quickly in my throat like bile, imagining the things Nicole might tell Miranda – Nicole knew things about me that Matt didn't. Hell, Nicole pretty much knew everything there was to know.

Miranda didn't look over though, she just sort of grinned and chatted with Nicole for a few minutes and then both of them disappeared down the hallway. I forgot about my panic quickly, distracted by a buddy coming over with a beer in each hand and a grin.

It was late and almost everyone had headed out from the party. Nicole and I were chatting in the living room while Tom, Matt and Sarah were in the kitchen across the 'open concept' area. I had just started to stretch and make motions that I wanted to leave when Miranda came out of the hallway, presumably from the washroom down there.

“Hey, everyone. I've got an idea,” Nicole said, startling me as she abruptly jumped up from the couch. “Let's play a game.”

Now, usually when Nicole said that, she wanted to play Risk or Smallworld or another board game with me and Matt and maybe another friend or two. I wouldn't have minded teaching Miranda about some of our favourite games at all, but Sarah and Tom? Neither seemed like the board-gamer type.

“Ooh, fun,” Sarah said. She was leaning onto the island counter in the kitchen, the neckline of her green dress revealing a bounty of freckled cleavage while Matt and Tom managed to pry their eyes from her to turn and look back at Nicole. “What kind of game?”

Nicole shrugged, and I suddenly got the feeling this was possibly a scripted encounter. “I don't know, how about Dares in a Hat?”

Miranda walked over, “Dares in a Hat? What's that? Is it anything like Truth or Dare?”

Now I knew this must have been scripted. Or at least planned. But why?

“It is, but instead of picking who to ask, you draw names out of a hat or bowl. And it's Dares only, no Truths,” Nicole said.

I wasn't sure how to feel about any of this. It definitely felt like a trap, considering the way the girls were practically reading off scripts. I also had to consider what exactly Nicole, of all the people to propose this, had in mind because my best friend could be sneaky when she wanted to.

“Fuck yeah, I'm in for this,” Tom said, grinning madly and eyeing Nicole and Miranda. He was definitely a reason not to play – if Tom wasn't there, I would have felt relatively safe playing a game like this. With him in the mix, well, I didn't want to think about what could go wrong.

“Oh, I'm definitely in too,” Sarah said, standing up and walking around the counter. She strolled past Matt and ran a pair of fingers across the back of his shoulders, stopping long enough that her fingertips trailed slowly as she asked, “How about you, Matty?”

“Sure, absolutely,” he agreed. It was clear to me that he had one thing on his mind – how far could he get with Sarah during this game?

Nicole turned to me, “John, you in? Or are you too worried you're gonna chicken out?”

I looked around the room, eyes landing on Tom for a long moment as he made a shooing gesture at me, and then back to Miranda and Nicole. “I-”

“Come on, John,” Miranda smiled. “Let's all go sit out by the pool to play, we can share the swing bench.”

“Sure,” you gulped. “Let's play.”

“Awesome!” Sarah crowed. “I'll get a bowl and the names.”

Breakthebar erotica is powered by Patreon. PM if interested in making a Commission.

What's really going on?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)