More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3

What KIND of Critter are you?

Critter (Sewer Rat)

That's you, a Sewer Rat. You're a 0th level critter living in the Sewers under a major city somewhere, you don't even know it's name, not having heard anyone mention it since you woke up one re-spawn with the ability to think intelligently. You can bite for a single point of damage, and have a ridiculously slow movement rate, honestly, the cockroaches you hunt for food are faster, and you have been killed for your tail and teeth about 20 times now since you became sapient, but none of that maters!

Why does none of that matter?

Because of Remmy.


For months you thought you were the only sapient sewer rat in the entire sewer system, then one night you saw another rat roasting a mushroom and a piece of cheese some adventurer had dropped over the flame of a sewer lamp and ran up to him squeaking in excitement. The two of you talked for hours: rats have a very complex vocal language for 'critter' intelligence creatures and it got ever more complex as the two of you expounded and expanded upon it over about half a day.

Then the zone shut down and you lost each other for two weeks, before you once again chanced upon each other and arranged to meet at a specific rat hole you both knew about, which is where you are headed right now!


When you arrive at the den Remmy is already there, you have no idea how much time you have, so the first thing you do is kiss.

"Ah, Madeline! It is good to see you again my flaxen furred love!" Remmy says as you break your dance of teeth and tongue, a habit you borrowed from the humans and found so pleasant that you couldn't let it go.

"Remmy, darling, it is good that we have spawned so close together! I have so many things I want to say, the three days we have been unable to meet have been agony!" You enthuse still holding him close as you stand on your hind feet.

"Literal I think, No?" He says his brown eyes clouding. "For me as well chere, it is those damned adventurers!"

"Ah Remmy, we are together, and safe! Let us not speak of such unpleasantness!" You say letting him go and drooping back to all four paws.

"You are right, of course." Remmy says with a smile and twines his tail around your own. "Come, I have something for you!"

What does Remmy show you?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)