More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by nightcat nightcat

Countinuing last page, What kind of monster/creature are you?

Brackish Kappa.

Brackish, you've come to hate that word a lot over your many short lives. It refers to a type of water that is neither saltwater nor freshwater, it's very rare. The cave you live in ends in a deep pond of that kind of water but it's the only brackish water in a very large area. You're not sure there's another place with brackish water in the Crustacean Archipelago. A stupid unoriginal name if you've ever heard one, the islands are not in the shape of any crustacean there aren't a lot of crustaceans living here either.

A little information on the Crustacean Archipelago before we go back to your complaints. The enormous group of islands is a new expansion to the game where players can only go if they agree to be reset to lvl 1. The game warns them of the size and difficulty of the Archipelago in multiple ways before the players can enter. There are several new races and classes that can only be unlocked by completing unspecified tasks on the Archipelago so many heroes brave these new lands without carefully reading how and why this expansion is more difficult than the main game.

You live in a cave close to the beginning of this new Archipelago. Twice a week you get attacked by giant snakes called purple fangs. If there is a hero in close proximity of your cave during the attack they get a quest to save you. If said hero is clever enough not to kill, or otherwise offend you, you can give them a quest that could lead to them obtaining one of the new classes. So far no hero has managed to receive a quest from you.

Now we can go back to complaining. Not only are you stuck in a cave, being killed at least twice a week, you are also weak and tiny. As a kappa, your appearance is humanoid with a slender frame, blue skin, a turtle-like shield on your back, webbed hands and feet, gills on the side of your neck and a short height of barely 160cm. One last thing about your appearance is that you have an ovipositor instead of normal genitalia, the size of which you can change from a minimum of 5 to a maximum of 20cm. And for some reason, you have small breasts even though you're not a mammal. Your stats aren't terrible, with your agility you could probably defeat one or two opponents of the same level. But that isn't nearly enough against the dozen snakes that visit you two times a week.

The attack is due in two days and a hero might come sooner than that if you aren't lucky.

What do you do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)