More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Spindizzy Spindizzy

What's in the box?

A typewriter

You heft the heavy package onto the table and scratch your head as you wonder how exactly it wound up on the doormat. It's much too large have come through the slot and you'd have noticed anyone making a delivery.

Still, it is addressed to you and you are more curious as to what it is than about how it got in your house.

Tearing open the package you find a battered leather case with the words Prof. Greyburg picked out in flaking gold leaf. Inside the case, you find an old-fashioned mechanical typewriter and several sheaths of blank paper. You've never seen one up close before and you are struck by the elegance of its design. The way the intricate components mesh together to create something approaching art.

It seems almost wrong not to use it and after a little trial and error, you wind a sheet of paper into the mechanism. The keys are heavier than you expected and it takes you a few attempts to correctly gauge the amount of needed to make a clear impression. Once you've got the hang of it you write the first thing that comes into your head smiling as the words appear on the white paper with a satisfying mechanical clatter. After a minute you read back what you have written...

What did you write?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)