More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3

Your answer comes in the form of a...?

A party of three.

You are so engrossed with self pity, you almost didn't see the small party of three until they were almost upon you.

"A treasure goblin!" You hear one of them shout. He looks like a knight, and you don't get a good look at his companions before you turn tail and run. You aren't the fastest monster, but luckily the knight is pretty slow too, encumbered by his heavy armor. You are also near the entrance of a small tunnel barely four feet high, which you quickly dash into. The heroes would have to stoop down to fit inside, which would slow them down considerably.

You know these caverns like the back of your hand, having lived here all your existance. But for inexperienced heroes the maze of tunnels can be quite confusing. As you approach a fork in the tunnel, an idea begins to form in your head. The right path slopes downwards, through a bat infested area, before coming out into the open again; while the left path slopes upwards and leads to a plateau directly above.

You run left, hoping the heroes go right. If all goes according to plan, the bats will damage the heroes enough that when they come out you can push some boulders onto them and finish them off. You have 0 atk, so it never occurred to you that you may have a way of killing heroes! You know there are a lot of factors that could go wrong with your plan though, so you are to get your hopes up too much.

You reach the plateau, trying to listen for the heroes. You wished you had the opportunity to size them up more before having to flee. Spotting a large boulder, about 3 feet in diameter, you give it an experimental push with your shoulder. Damn! It won't budge! Looking around, you don't see any other feasable rocks, just small boulders. It looks like all your planning came to no avail.

Just when you thought it couldn't be worse, you hear someone clamouring up behind you.

"There you huff are, you huff runt!" It's the knight! Although he is short of breath, he still looks menacing.

What do you do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)