More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by TeratonArm TeratonArm

Security officer on a diplomatic starship, test pilot for an experimental mecha, heroic adventurer, professor at a school for mages, or something else?

A magical hero!

I called it a job but... come to think of it, it wasn't really a job like you'd normally think of one. I didn't plan on having it, it was sort of given to me without a choice. I certainly wasn't getting paid for it, but it rewarded me in other ways. And the closest thing I had to a uniform... well, it wasn't really workplace appropriate, as much as I wish it covered me a bit better.

You see, it all started with this comet, "The Eye of Ishtar." The name was a bit much, maybe, but apparently they'd only seen it coming after it passed by Venus and, I don't know, I guess whoever discovered it liked the 'love-goddess' theme enough to keep it going. Anyway, people started reporting about how it was going to burn up in the atmosphere and look amazing, a once in a lifetime thing! So, I spent the night with some friends, including Ming Zhao... with the excited, romantic atmosphere of everyone out in the park at night, waiting with bated breath for this astrological anomaly, I thought about trying to ask her out... but in the end I chickened out. Still, it was fun to spend the night with her and some other friends, and the meteor streaking through the sky was amazing; especially at the end of its arc, when it seemed to burst into a shower of shooting stars!

Anyway, we all said our goodbyes (I may have lingered a little while before departing from Ming Zhao) and with the time of night and the excitement, I passed right out once I got home. Tossed off my coat, shirt, shoes, and pants, I slumped right into bed, letting the fan above me blow cool air over my boxer-clad body. And that night, drifting off to sleep, was the last normal night I had.

Later that night..../The next morning....

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)