More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3

Countinuing last page, What kind of monster/creature are you?

A Skunk

You rub your eyes, waking from at the hands of a player. You wake in your small dirt den just under a treestump, only three feet deep but just your size. You are a female skunk, a small furry animal put in the game for new comers to learn about poison effects. You are a foot and a third tall with four small padded feet, a long puffy tail, a long white stripe down your black fur body, and a gland just under your tail you use to spray a horrible smelling liquid that can poison others. It would be a great attack but you are not ment to kill, or to be fearsome, or to even win, but to be a obstical like all the other beasts for the players to concore.

You've lived here, in this stump, next to a dirt path, in the middle of a forest, ever since the server generated you with your home. You are part of a group of seven other skunks who spawn and call this stretch of the beaten path home, but they don't act like you. They are just... Machines, in a sense. They walk, attack, spray, and everything but not much else, and conversation with them is impossible as they will never respond with anything else but a growl. Your home is within the Quartzed Forest, a new area added to the server recently as a special update to promote a whole new set of monsters, gear, lore, and more. It is a large pine forest teeming with magical energy thanks to large mystical quartz gemstones riddled throughout it like rocks. It is just East of Mount Tornapus and very far South of the White Mountains.

Despite almost every creature that lives in the forest being magical in some way, you are a common enemy in the forest on the way to one of the starter bosses. You don't know who or what it is, but players always come through day and night just to pick a fight with it, and kill a few of you on the way for easy exp. Trying to leave only ends with a automatic respawn to your den, and fighting the passing players almost always ends in the same. You feel trapped and helpless in your current lifestyle, no hope for escape, no hope for change, just , , and more . You don't even leave your den much anymore except for food. You know most of your knowledge from experience, the cenversations of players, and most just naturally for some reason.

You don't know what to do. You just came back from the code after being stepped on by a prideful palladian way too high leveled to be a noob. Another failed attempt at fighting a player after feeling bold enough to try again. You know you can gain exp like the players do after seeing a young Cyclops tumble through here, crush a noob under his club, and turning into a Tryclops before heading deeper into the forest. Maybe he is the boss, though not important. You don't know what else to do but try. The only thing you can do here is try again. You aren't smart or cunning or even clever but you don't want to give up, you don't want to except this. This life is not ment for you. You are ment for so much more. You will leave if you just keep trying.

You hear them now, another group of players coming in. You always dread crawling out of your den to the dirt path but you make yourself leave thinking 'Maybe, this time will be different.' The only thing keeping you going, getting out of your hole is the possibility of something new to happen.

What do you do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)