More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Haoro Haoro

Who does he see?

A Return?

Hi everyone!

If you're still following this story, you might have seen another chapter added to the Jenny route just now after a very long time. Sorry it's been so very long, with pretty much radio silence from me as well. I know several of you were waiting very patiently for more of my stories, and it means a lot to me, it really does, that you were all so eager to see more of what I can write and willing to tell me so and ask about how I was. I hope I haven't lost all of you, and that I can maybe catch your attention again to see more of Marcus' adventures and perhaps eventually other stories as well.

To explain myself a little, the last couple years have been very tough for me, and I wasn't in the right frame of mind to even look at my writing, let alone produce more. I felt very guilty about that as well, so I'm sorry I ignored people who asked about my progress and how I was. I didn't even visit CHYOA for a very long time, so I missed quite a few messages on that subject and others as well. However things have gotten somewhat better, and I decided to glance back at this website after a long absence, and found myself reading back through my own work again for the first time in a long while. Including this story.

Perhaps it's a bit silly of me, but when I was writing this story I always felt very attached to poor Marcus, and looking at all the plotlines left unfinished made me feel bad for the poor boy, especially as all the ideas I had to resolve these plots kept coming back to me. I was never very happy with how I wrote some of the threads here, not sure I did them justice or feeling like I ran away with ideas that just then didn't work out very well, but there were at least a few I was excited about, and as I read through them I found some of that old excitement coming back which made me want to try and give this another go. I'm trying to let go of my guilt for not finishing everything and just focus on writing what I enjoy, so there will be some threads that I won't be trying just yet, sorry if those are ones you liked or wanted to see more of!

Anyway, hope I haven't bored you all stiff. Just wanted to explain myself.

TLDR: I'll hopefully be adding more chapters to a select few of the unfinished threads the Captive Prince from now on. I can't promise a consistent pace, or that it'll be the same for my other stories, but I am tempted to give them a go as well. We'll see!

Haoro

What's next?

  • No further chapters
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)