More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by The Second One The Second One

Who Challenges You?

A Party of Two

The door was thrown open, the illumination of the torches in the halls outside barely filtering in before being drowned out by the darkness of the room. In ran two adventurers, one a man in the steel armour of a paladin, the other a woman clad in the orange robes of a priestess of Helia. You scowled beneath your helm at the sight of this second 'hero'. Helia. That damnable goddess's servants were the bane of your existence, with their spells of light and fire.

The two were surprisingly beaten and battered, the paladin's armour and shield being dented and his sword notched while the priestess's robes were torn in several places. They were both running on half health, and... Could it be...

"I thought this was a starter dungeon!" The paladin, named 'Jonah', said, bending over as he panted. "What was with those damn skeletons? They didn't stay dead!"

"Perhaps we should have been more observant." The priestess, apparently named 'Gianna', replied. "Those things were nearly the of... Is there supposed to be a boss here?" She asked, looking around the room.

You decided to go for the frightening approach, silently striding from the shadows into the gloomy half-light. Your eyes glowed red beneath your helm as you let your gaze wander over these two.

"Welcome," You said, your voice deep and sinister. "to Fort Shadowgulch."

"Who the hell?" The priestess yells, stumbling backwards away from you. "Who are you?"

"I am Makaidos, the Dread Knight, and lord of Fort Shadowgulch. You have trespassed into my domain, slain my warriors and now you will pay for your crimes." You continue, tightening your grip on your sword as a smile crosses your face. Oh, how you loved drama!

How do they respond?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)