More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Blackhand Blackhand

Who Is This One Girl?

A Guide For Readers and Writers

For Readers:

Why did I decide to revive this thread?

The Backpack was a story idea from a few years ago, whose creator made a few threads for it and then little else came of it. To most people it went unnoticed. The story may have had a thousand views at best. So why devote so much time and attention to bring it back? Well, the reason why is that it represents a unique kind of story that serves as the utmost strongest kind of story on this site.

At it's core The Backpack isn't too different from the "build a story" type, such as "Create a Fembot" or "Ultimate Fanfiction". It basically serves as one big collection of smaller sub stories each following a different kind of kink and a different story line. Now, there are a million such stories on CHYOO. The difference with this one, is that rather then doing so through picking, the story is designed in such a way as to present lots of natural divergence points which have clear points that focus the attention on particular kinks. It's not a build-a-story, and it's not one of those unused and unloved threads that are basically a literotica story broken up into small chunks. Instead it's a truly branching story, getting more specific and complex the further in you get.

I like the set up and I like the potential it has. I want to explore it. I hope I'm not alone in that.

How can someone convince me to devote attention to a specific story thread?

The longer I and other writers work, the more story threads there will be to juggle. Over time I'm going to have to drop story threads, temporarily or in the long term. Which is sad, because I'm trying to make every single story thread such an interesting idea that someone will be compelled to pick it up, but some parts will simply not be.

Furthermore, I'm just not going to update some story paths as much as you want. If you really want to see more of the breeding story, but neither I nor another writer is working on it, then that can get kind of frustrating. I get that.

If that's the case then I recommend two options. One, continue the thread yourself. If you like it, adopt it. The second option is show it a bit of love. If I see that a specific thread is getting lots of feedback, I'm much much more likely to add to it. Use your voice. Show your appreciation.

For Writers

Is there any rules about adding stuff?

By in large I want people to take part. If I'm the only one who feels inspired by this story, so be it, but company would be nice. As this is a fetish thread, I am specifically going to say that in terms of kinks you are allowed anything in here that is allowed on CHYOO in general. Go crazy folks.

As for writing requirements? I reserve the right to edit your piece if it's not well formulated and the grammar is beyond bad. Typos and small mistakes are fine so long as it's clear you put some effort in. I'm going to have to ask that you put in at least a hundred words per post. If you respond with a single line, unless it's a "more options" thread, I'm deleting that mother fucker.

I know that there is racism fetish as one of the story paths, but I'm just going to put this out there. If your story thread has obnoxiously racist subtext I'm going to delete it. Now, you can make a character racist. You can make them do and say racist things. Even derive pleasure from being racist or being a victim of racism. That's all fine. We're kinksters. We like a whole bunch of weird shit. I'm saying if a story actually puts forward a view of the world where racists are correct, I have an issue. Like if you introduce an evil black man who talks in Ebonics and has no thoughts beyond going around white girls. You'll find plenty of "dark continent" style stories elsewhere. Also if you want to do something like Black Cock fetish or something of the like, please bother to characterize the minority characters (though ideally all of the characters of all races, genders, or if they are an alien or not). I'm willing to allow alot of leeway to the phrase "it's for the purposes of the story", but if you are going to introduce an element like racism into the story you should have a basic understanding of the subtext of what you're writing.

In terms of where threads leave off, there isn't any hard rules. Do what you please. What I am generally requesting is that you end threads at a point that allows some sort of divergence. If a thread ends in such a way that a writer would seriously have to bend over backwards for things to go in an unexpected direction, I'm not going to block it, but I will request that you choose a different point to end the thread.

How does the continuity work?

I'm in love with stories that bend and diverge the more choices you make, until you could be looking at two threads and be shocked they are the same story. So the way continuity works here, is that the only thing that effects a thread is the threads leading up to it, not some alternative threads. This allows you alot of leeway with character, setting, theme, content, and tone. Let the story flow naturally with no regards to whether it violates an element from another storyline. You will notice, for instance, that in many of the threads, the girl from thread 2 has a different name or nationality. The especially astute will notice that in many cases she has a different personality, hobbies, and interests. The only thing in common between the Asian girl in the racism thread and the one in the enema thread is the things that were established back in thread 2. This applies to every character and story element.

Two addendum to that. First? While you don't have to, I am tickled by the idea of certain elements re-appearing in different storylines. I have deliberately mentioned that he has a shithole roomate named Todd in more then one thread. I also plan on introducing side characters from other threads as side characters into others. These characters don't need to be portrayed the same way, or have the same history as the ones in the other threads. The reason why I'm doing it and encouraging you to do it is simply because it gives the feeling like each of the different storylines is a different thread in a multiverse. Which I find cool.

Second addendum. While you don't have to pay any mind to any other threads, you absolutely have to pay attention to the threads that have been established. If the girl in this threadline is intelligent and quiet, then it doesn't make sense for her to start acting ditzy out of nowhere (unless there is a specific story reason). Keep track of how the characters have developed over the course of the story so far. This is doubly true for tone. You can use divergent story paths to totally change the story, but if up until this thread the story had been kind of silly, it shouldn't randomly be dark and melodramatic (though if you are deliberately shifting the tone and do so in a way that makes sense then there is no issue). It should feel like a naturalistic continuation of the story thusfar. This isn't the sort of offense that will make me delete a thread. But, I might ask you to go back and make the tone fit better.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)