More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Defamir Defamir

What do you see?

A Duo (Male Pirate and Female Ranger)

Oh, your most favorite of things. Two fucking heroes. As if one alone wasn't enough. Humans at that. You hate humans, they are often the ones trying the hardest to be noble and kill as many of you "infernal" creatures as they can. (why they are that weird you don't get, but well humans are fucked up in your eyes anyway).

A quick glance tells you all you need to know about the two. Both look like they just started the game or at least only reached the first few levels. The guy carries a bunch of throwing-daggers around his waist and has a crossbow strapped to his back. He has brown shaggy hair above which he has a captain’s hat, he also wears some rugged clothes which only partially make his class recognizable. The female has flowing red hair which reaches her elbows and frames a freckled pale face with two shining blue eyes which seem like sapphires to you. She has a bow strapped on the back of her slander frame with the string going through above her c-cup tits - or at least you guess that’s their size since you have no idea about the anatomy of humans - and a longsword on her sides. Seeing as you died quiet often already you know from the look of the weapons that they are low-tier. Not that it really matters since, well a mouse running through you would be able to kill you.

You hear them talking while they look at the skeletons in the room. Its four in total but all of them are unarmed and have only their fists to fight. The guy says to his companion "Okay, the level 50 player said if we bring him two pearls each that he and his group will carry us through one of the later dungeons and help us level up." His friend grins and points at one of your kindred floating between them and the skeletons while proclaiming "This is gonna be easier than anything." She hacks at your kin with her longsword, but it only disappears into nothingness. She looks for the drop, which of course isn't there. The only thing that happened is that the skeletons which up to now where neutral are now moving in to attack the two interlopers. Somewhere in your memory you know that lore wise these were once the bodies of the inhabitants of this place before you and your kindred killed them. How you are not sure, but that’s what the lore you have in your memory states anyway. You yourself float a bit back and watch as the duo starts firing at the undead creatures approaching them. Your skeletal brothers in arms try to march the few meters to the aggressors but only one of the four manages to reach them and is killed before he can harm them anyway. You float up to a balcony overlooking the entry hall. It also has a door behind it which leads from the boss room in which the short sword is stored. While her friend loots the dead enemies, she looks at the lore-page for the ruin. She calls out "So this place, they call it the ‘Bulwark of the Shadow invasion’, has a final room where you get a sword called 'Shine' and that you can only carry in this dungeon and which is the only way to harvest those pearls." She sighs and continues "You know we should have just played on alone. This is gonna take forever." He doesn’t answer because he looks at another one of your kin and shoots at it with his crossbow. The arrow flies through the creature and drops to the ground behind it while it slowly fades out of existence. "You might be right. But let’s try to get this sword." She nods and tries to get to him and walks straight through another shade. Which - who would have thought right? - dies. "For fucks sake, seriously?" she cries out. Her companion laughs at her. "The NPC outside told us that they are completely dormant and non-hostile. You should sometimes listen to the NPCs" (There is someone outside of your ruin? Well you wouldn’t know that you don't even think you could leave this fucked up place even if you wanted to, out there are even more of those shitty heroes). She just shrugs and points him into the direction of the first set of stairs up the place. Her hands are covered by leather gloves.

You slowly follow them always at a safe distance, while they try not to touch any of your kin while killing all the skeletons and real ghosts coming their way. Some zombies and ghouls are there too, but most of the characters are dealt with easily. You think about what to do to maybe finally have a chance against those heroes. Which makes you think of your last plan which might have worked if the boss of the dungeon a huge hulking golem made from rotting flesh and bones wouldn't have walked through you at the last moment.

What was your last plan?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)