More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by SpiralFelix SpiralFelix

When in Mackenzie's freshman year does her horrible day begin?

8) Mid-November (Cafe Job) [COMPLETE]

Mackenzie unlocked the door and opened it, entering her dorm room. It was noon and her roommate, Willow, was at class, so Mackenzie had the place all to herself. She shut the door behind her and locked it, just in case. True, the odds that someone would just barge in were minuscule, but Mackenzie had learned not to take any chances with that sort of thing. She'd found that if something embarrassing could happen, then it almost surely would happen. Mackenzie kicked off her shoes and dropped her backpack onto her chair before taking off her coat. She was done with classes for the day, but now she had to get ready for work.

It wasn't unusual for students to have a part-time job on campus, even if they were taking classes full-time. But when the semester started, Mackenzie had figured she wouldn't need one, so she didn't apply for any positions. Unfortunately for her, she'd been through a series of nightmarish events that had left her wardrobe... severely lacking. She'd spent virtually all of her savings trying to rebuild that wardrobe. But it seemed like any time she managed to buy a few more things to wear, some disaster would befall her and leave her with even fewer things than she started with. So, Mackenzie had reluctantly accepted that she needed a job. With a little income, she could easily start buying a few new clothes each weekend. But, since she had been seeking a job so late in the semester, there weren't many options left for her. She'd had to settle for a position that was... less than ideal.

Mackenzie began pulling off the short yellow dress she'd been wearing, revealing a pair of white panties and nothing else except for the white ankle socks on her feet. She hung the dress next to a similar looking blue one in her closet. They were the only two things hanging there, and they technically weren't even hers. She'd been borrowing them from her friend Marianne for just over two weeks now, ever since her humiliating Halloween night. Mackenzie had desperately needed more things to wear, and Willow was barely letting her borrow anything these days. Besides, Mackenzie was beginning to feel like Marianne deserved the dresses back soon. Plus, it was beginning to become far too cold out to wear dresses outside anymore, but Marianne's pants wouldn't fit Mackenzie, no matter how much she pulled on them. Unfortunately, giving back the dresses was easier said than done when the amount of clothing Mackenzie actually owned was so meager.

Mackenzie opened her top dresser drawer and looked at the entirety of her wardrobe, save for what she was wearing. A black belt, a pair of gray socks, a pair of purple panties, a plain white t-shirt, and a single pair of jeans. And even some of those clothes had been recent purchases.

Mackenzie had made a necessary trip to the thrift store over the weekend. With her funds virtually depleted, she had only been able to afford two new items. An extremely cheap pair of jeans that fit her far too loosely, and a cheap belt that made the loose jeans actually wearable. Mackenzie had hoped to get a few more things, most notably a bra. She hadn't owned or even worn a bra in nearly a month now, and she was honestly starting to get used to it. They were simply too costly for the redhead to afford right now.

Trying not to dwell on her unfortunate clothing situation too much, Mackenzie began getting dressed for her new job.

Where did Mackenzie work?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)