More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by YZS YZS

This might be the worst experience of my life, or maybe it is the best, who knows? Which one is it going to be?

‹ 「Remastered Simple Life? What Happened With The Original? 」›

If you didn’t know, this story is a remastered version of Simple Life, my very first story. I was really proud of what I created at first, then I realized my writing was mediocre at best, and there were a ton of grammar and spelling issues I had to fix. I would like to explain what happened then first, because it has a lot to do with the creation of this new story, so let me tell you why I stopped writing for the original story.


So, after writing daily for about two months and a half, I eventually burnt out. This was more than predictable, and I embraced it at first. I had written a lot of chapters, so I decided to take a week long break, and I was able to relax, while still publishing chapters. I used that week to plan out my new story, but during that week, I became obsessed with my new fantasy story, and I dedicated all of my time to writing for it.

By the time I was ready to come back to this story, I was already writing for Lustyre, and it was tough for me to prioritize one over the other. I took a small break from Simple Life, as I thought I had written for one story for way too long, and it was time to switch things up. But after I wrote for my other story for a few days, I had a fresh mind, and a lot of inspiration to write more for Simple Life.

The thing is, I did try to write more for this story, but for some reason, the 5 or 6 chapters I managed to write in my comeback were deleted. I had them in a document, which was deleted when my device received an update or something. I swore I had stored it in the cloud, but apparently it wasn’t saved (maybe it had something to do with an update in my computer or something, idfk)

Anyways, with those chapters lost, I was clearly frustrated, and I didn’t want to write for a while. I stopped writing in mid november 2020, and after that, I only focused on Lustyre, so I had pretty much abandoned this story. After I published my second story, it received quite a lot of views, and I realized it could be a lot more successful than Simple Life, so I didn’t have many reasons to come back to it. Months went by, my third story came out, and that one was even more successful, so I had already forgotten about Simple Life.

Half a year later, I got a few comments asking about this story, and I decided to ignore them, but I did have an urge to write more for Simple Life. I considered that idea for a few seconds, then I saw I got dozens of likes in my other stories, and I chose not to write for Simple Life ever again. It was difficult having to let go of that story, specially because I had a lot of ideas for it, and I thought it was the one with the most potential. But since I was busy with my two other stories, I just pushed this one aside, and continued with my life.

This was pretty much all that happened for about 8 months. I didn’t think about writing for this story, mainly because I was so busy with my other ones, and I was more excited for those ones. But then, I’m not kidding, I had a dream about this story, not like I was writing a chapter for it, or I was deleting or something, I dreamt about something weirder. In my dream, my brain somehow recreated a scene from the original story, where it reminded me of one of my favorite characters, and after that, I knew I had to write more, just because I loved that character so much.

I kept having these urges to come back, and I’ve been slowly planning more for this story. I was anxious to come back to this story, and I kept distracting myself with Familiarity and Lustyre, but I knew one day I would eventually give in to my urges. I just can’t help but desire to see more of these characters I’ve built, and I know a lot of people will appreciate it, because for some reason, they loved this story (even though I thought it was terrible). But clearly there was a lot of potential with the original Simple Life, and I finally realized I can improve it to become the story I envisioned so many years ago, I just have to work hard for it, and that’s exactly what I’m planning to do.

So yea, this is where we are now. I had a dream about the original story, and now I want to write more, so that’s what I’m going to do. I did a poll to ask about your thoughts on this new story (at the time of writing this, I’m still waiting to see more answers), but I know that I do want to write for this story. Of course, there are quite a lot of changes to be made, so I need to explain all of the content, features, and changes of this new story. But as I write the next chapter, explaining all the changes, I would like to see what you thought of my decision of dropping the original Simple Life, and revamping it in this new story (if you have any questions about it, definitely let me know, it would be a pleasure to discuss this with you)

What do you think about this new remastered version? What do you want to see?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)