More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by SkyDreamer SkyDreamer

All they knew was that they must survive.

[P] Hettie, female serafim

Hettie awoke in an uncomfortable sitting position. Her wings were squashed between her back and a cold stone wall, and the floor under her ass felt like much of the same. She jerked awake in alarm: had she fallen asleep on guard duty?

The room she was in was large and dark, with the only source of illumination coming through a crack in the door on the opposite wall from her. As she slowly came to her senses, she became attuned to the bustling sound of activity beyond the door, the unmistakable cacophony of voices and sound effects that permeated the air of any dense civilisation. The sound was muffled significantly though, leaving the inside of her room a gentle quiet.

As her eyes adjusted to the gloom, she saw that she was not alone in the room. Bodies of people lay sprawled out all over the floor, the gentle rise and fall of their chests confirming that they were simply sleeping, not dead. They seemed to all be of a species of rabbit-humanoids, judging by the ears atop their heads. The clothes they wore were the most meagre strips of fabric, unable to provide their bodies with even the slightest of modest concealment.

Hettie started putting the pieces together, through deduction rather than memory. She had no recollection of what she was doing here, but she surmised that she was in a poor house, a place for the homeless to take refuge. And what a poor excuse for a house it was. No furniture, no bedding or flooring, no dividing walls, just a rough cuboid of stone walls, ceiling and floor. The only features the room had were its two doors, as Hettie noticed a second door on the left wall that, unlike the first door, did not show any light coming from the other side.

Concluding that she wouldn't get much more information on her situation while sitting around, she got to her feet and patted herself down. Her armour and sword were all accounted for, though she was lacking the pouch of supplies that she would normally take on away missions. But if she was still inside the castle, it was a part she didn't recognise at least.

After fluffing her wings to shake the stiffness out of them, she marched towards the far door and pulled it open just enough for her to peer through the gap to see what lay outside.


[GM] You wake up sat against a wall in a dark stone room. There are skimpily dressed people sleeping in the room with you, all of whom appear to have rabbit ears atop their heads.

[GM] There is a door on the far side with light spilling through, past which you can hear the muffled sounds of civilisation.

[P] I approach the door and crack it open to peer outside.

What does she see?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)