More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by InfiniteBS InfiniteBS

In all the variants of the multi-verse, where do these appear?

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs

I take a breath of fresh of fresh air as I walk down the road. It's a fine day outside, and I'm ready for a fresh start. My name is Muryo, and I'm a thief by trade. I've never had a big score and I'm not really well known, but I get by. I used to live at an orphanage but I've been on my own for a while now, moving from place to place and stealing for fun and profit. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not a bad guy. I won't steal something if I know its important to someone or if they absolutely need it. Thats why I don't feel too bad about my most recent acquisition. I raided the basement of some collector of ancient artifacts. The place was full of so much stuff that it was hard to tell what was valuable and what was junk. While I was rummaging through everything I found a box full of various jewels and trinkets, so I decided to grab it and go. Now I'm on my way to find a new place to settle down in, something more long term than usual.

Soon I'm standing in front of my destination, The Yuragi Inn. I've been asking around and have heard rumors that its haunted, so people stay away from it. A place without people coming and going often is perfect for me. Besides, if it really is haunted I'll be fine. I've been able to see spirits my whole life, so they don't really scare me anymore. That's why I'm so good at what I do. I'm not very fast, and my battle power is basically 0, but what spiritual power I do have helps with my stealth. With this in mind I head inside, hoping to get a room.

A few minutes later I'm sitting at a table across from the landlady, Chitose Nakai. "It shouldn't be a problem Mr. Muryo, you can stay in room 4. If you pay for it, I can also provide food in addition to your room." she explains. She's small, like really small. She could probably pass for a grade schooler, but she definitely acts like an adult. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's also something about her that just make her seem very mature. She's also very cute. That, coupled with the sense of responsibility she gives, makes me think she'd make a great wife. Just as it crosses my mind her demeanor changes. "I must also tell you that rent will be paid promptly, and failure to do so will result in eviction." she says. She's still smiling but I can feel her menacing aura.

"Yes maam!" I say a little nervously. I DO NOT want to get on her bad side.

When our little meeting is done I head to my new room. Miss Nakai said there were other people living here, but I don't see anyone yet. I reach my door and open it to find an empty room. Its bare except for a small table off to the side. I sit down at the table and start going through my bag. The first thing I pull out is a bag containing my first month's rent, which I got by selling some stolen items. Next I pull out the box of trinkets and open it up. Now that I have time I want to see what all is in here. For the most part its just your standard fare, stuff that can be sold for a good price. At the bottom however, is a pair of old earrings. They're in pretty good shape, each one in the shape of a golden N. Despite everything else being somewhat valuable though, these don't seem like they'd fetch much.

"Heh, lets see how they look on me." I say to myself and start putting them on. I clip one on and start putting the other on when the door opens and a girl about my age walks in.

"Yuuna, Miss Nakai wanted me to tell you-" she stops when she sees me. I had almost had the other earring on but froze when she walked in. We don't say anything but her eyes go the box on the table. "That crest..." she says looking at the symbol carved on it. " The Chuuma received a report that a box with that crest was stolen..." One second later she pulls out a kunai and is coming at me.

"Crap!" I yell on instinct. Why is there a Chuuma ninja here?! As if I was just unpaused I finish clipping the earring to my ear and prepare to bolt. I probably have no chance of escape but I can at least try! When I go to try and get around her though, I see that she's just standing there, kunai still in hand.

"I'm sorry, I don't why I almost attacked you." she says, putting her weapon away.

I just stand there staring at her. What the hell just happened?!

What happens next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)