More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by earpsrhot earpsrhot

Who is going to lose her clothes?

Vanessa (The Goes Wrong Show)

Slapstick ENF opportunities abound.

The Goes Wrong Show tells the story of the Cornley Polytechnic Drama Society, a group that puts on a new play in front of a live audience (and broadcast to the nation) each week and things, well, go wrong frequently and hilariously, all the while the actors stand by the maxim 'the show must go on.' No matter what props misfire, what parts of the set fall apart, and most importantly for this, what part of the wardrobe malfunctions, they keep on performing. Vanessa is a newer member, but things go just as wrong around her.

Previously, they've performed original shows, as well as classics like Peter Pan and A Christmas Carol, in front of rather large audiences. It's been known for a skirt to fly up a bit too much, or someone to be seen pantsless when a wall falls down while they change, or a mishap to tear a garment away, but full exposure is a new thing for them, especially for new member Vanessa. Though with how often walls have fallen away, or harnesses have malfunctioned, or costumes have been impractical, or a stage hand left still-sticky glue on the set... it's only a matter of time. Throughout all that though, they persist, performing the shows and never leaving the stage until their scene is done.

What role will Vanessa be playing when everything gets revealed? And how well will she be able to keep performing her role when the latest mishap sees her bared?

Past roles:

Belle - the star of a twee play about the Spirit of Christmas, a girl who wants nothing more than her parents to stop fighting, and is comforted by a drunk Santa, a snowman with an impractical costume, an elf stuck in a chimney, and a malfunctioning toy machine.

Camille Leclaire - a supporting character in a WW2 spy thriller, a French assistant to the codebreakers with a surprisingly poor grasp of French, working alongside Cpr Valerie Sky and Lt Rufus Heal to break the German code, stymied by historical inaccuracy, the guy living in the electrical telegraph, and Hitler occasionally popping up in the background.

Becky Sandhurst - prosecution attorney, up against her ex-husband in the trial of a suspected murderer, suffering rather a lot of set malfunctions, from a courtroom that's too small, to the wrong sets sliding onto stage, and a co-star who continually forgets his lines and drags scenes on longer than they should be.

Or perhaps someone new, in another play where yet more might go wrong?

What role sees Vanessa ending up naked?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)