More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Rowenar Rowenar

What's next?

Unmasked

"Zoinks! It's Henry Coy! Next door's proprietor!"

The man slumped, a torn ghostly outfit pinned to the floor via a complex contraption involving a bench, a balance, a bucket, a few ropes, and a lot of dumb luck.

The police officer stood alongside Mystery Incorporated, Fred standing just ahead triumphantly, Velma and Daphne a little further back, and Shaggy and Scooby cowering as though the now-removed mask was going to start moving around on its own to haunt them.

"His place was empty when we went to visit, and yet it was locked from the inside," Fred said. "He had a secret passage that led down here, to take out his competitor!"

"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!" Henry Coy said.

"You've done it again!" the police officer said. "Thank you for all your help."

"Not so fast!" Fred said, possibly getting a bit carried away. "When we were investigating, Coy was always a step ahead of us. He kept reacting to what we were doing."

"I bugged your room," Henry said, cackling to himself.

"That's what you'd like us to think, isn't it?" Fred said. "But no! You run a waxworks museums, creating lookalikes of people, you could easily make a mask. You infiltrated us!"

"Huh? He has?" Daphne said. She tensed.

They'd been over a lot of this the last night, piecing together the mystery. Coy had been the only good suspect, all the pieces pointing to him, but she'd never heard anyone mention...

"Like you wouldn't know," Fred whirled around with a flourish. "You were gone for five minutes the first night we got here. It's the only time any of us have been alone."

"I was going to the vending machine!" Daphne said.

"Or were you?" Fred said.

He took a step closer, and made a motion he'd made what felt like hundreds of times before, pulling off a mask. Instead he succeeded in grabbing Daphne's chin.

"Hey!" she said.

"Hm, your mask doesn't end in the usual place," Fred said.

"It's not a mask!"

"I'll find it!" Fred said. "If I just get my fingers around..."

He hooked his fingers in the neckline of Daphne's dress and tugged without warning, hard enough that he evidently expected some larger-scale mask to be torn away, revealing the person beneath.

Unfortunately the person in question was still Daphne, purple dress yanked away with worrying ease; she stumbled forward from the pressure but it still tore, and she shrieked, pushing herself away from Fred.

"Fred! What's the big idea?!" she said, suddenly flushing as she crossed her arms over her bra-clad chest.

One moment she'd been just confused. The next she was in nothing but matching lilac bra and panties, rather transparent tights that did nothing to cover up her underwear, a green scarf loosely wrapped around her neck, and a pair of lavender heels.

Her three friends stared. She squeaked, shifting awkwardly to at least face away from the restrained Coy and the police officer.

Does Fred keep looking for a mask?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)