More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by newfrickinshow1 newfrickinshow1

Who finds the remote?

Twin siblings going to the same college

"You're up early. Did I hear you leave earlier," asked a young man as he walked into the kitchen of the two bedroom apartment that they were staying in. The 19 year old man walked into the kitchen as he casually brushed his wet, shoulder-length brown hair and walked to the fridge to grab a soda. First thing out of the shower and as usual, he went straight for the caffeine and sugar fix in order to wake up a bit. He sat down across from the woman at the table as she opened up one of the letters in front of her.

Without bothering to look up she gave a groan of affirmation before speaking, "forgot to get the mail when I was coming in last night. Ran down to grab it since the shower was busy." The two just sat in silence for a couple minutes, thinking about their respective agendas for the day. While standing up, Gerald was a little over five and a half feet tall and while not tremendously fat, the teen years of heavy soda drinking was beginning to take its toll as he was beginning to grow noticeably larger around the waist and backside. Long stubble was beginning to grow on his chin and cheeks as his ongoing to shave regularly kept threatening to grow into a full-on neck beard every once in a while. Right now he had been day five without shaving.

The woman's facial features looked remarkably similar in terms of facial features such as nose and eyes, with hair just a little bit darker and just a little longer. She was actually the taller of the two but barely and though she didn't work out a whole lot, she remained a bit more physically active and generally avoided sugary drinks so her body was was more slender, especially when compared to her brother. After a few seconds she sighed, placed the letter back in the envelope, and placed the envelope on the encounter in their "bill basket." As Jessica stood up to go use the now empty bathroom, her hand brushed a small box on the table and pushed it, "Did you order something? I think this is yours."

Gerald scrunched up his nose as he thought and tried to remember as he couldn't think of anything off hand. He reached over to get a closer look at the box. It was rather light and he read the postal info on the front for some clue as to the source of the package but that didn't help in the slightest. It had a bunch of stamps in the corner and on the front was a sticker with their address but no names. It didn't say it was for him, it didn't say it was for his sister. Just their address and nothing else. It didn't even have a return address to give him a clue as to who sent it or where it came from. No answers and no idea what this was, Gerald opened the box as his curiosity demanded to see what was inside. After a few seconds of fumbling with a couple rubber bands and a thick roll of bubble wrap, he was holding a bright, white plastic device with two buttons, one red and the other green. Above the two buttons was a small display screen. To him it looked like some sort of ultra simple video game controller or something. There was a folded up sheet of paper on the bottom of the box and Gerald looked at that hoping it would provide some answers. What he read quickly got him laughing out loud at the absurdity. It had to be a prank.

To whoever receives this package, congratulations on receiving the ability to alter reality and change those around you. The device in this box is a personal invention of mine, a magical device that I have opted to call the Random Remote. Point it at someone, click the red button to lock onto them at which point there name and previous alterations will be displayed. Press the green button and a new trait will be added that will permanently alter their mind, body, or both into a new randomly determined form. There are many unique paradigms, archetypes, stereotypes, and philosophies in the memory banks so listing them would be rather difficult. Keep in mind however that as I invented the device and made the list, all of them tend to be highly sexual or at least exploitable in a sexual manor. So have fun with it.

And if you're wondering why it was sent to you, I chose the recipient randomly. Being it's the Random Remote, it just seemed like it was in the spirit of the device and appropriate to do it that way. If you're still confused, use it a few times and as you begin to understand it and why sending it to a random person person just felt like the right direction to go with it. Have fun!

So after a little more looking around to find any sort of identifying feature in terms of where it came from, Gerald turned the device around, pointed it at himself, and pressed the red button as the directions said. His eyebrows raised a bit when he turned it back around and saw the name, "Gerald Gray," displayed in the window. How it was able to figure that one out made him begin wondering but he still didn't really believe any of the claims of the device's ability to warp reality so he didn't hesitate to press the green button. When he tried though all he saw was "ERROR: CAN NOT TARGET SELF. PLEASE SELECT OTHER TARGET." Whatever this thing was, it was able to identify that he was the one in the crosshairs and that he was the one using it. Which was weird obviously but obviously magic was bullshit so there had to be another explanation. Without much to go on though he just shrugged his shoulders and began getting ready for classes as he waited for his sister to get done with her shower and finish getting ready to head out.

---About an hour later---

"So what was in the box," Jessica asked as she reached for the remote that Gerald had left sitting on the table.

Gerald slid the remote to her and tossed the sheet of paper on top as he tried to hide a smile. "Here. Read. Laugh." He said as casually as he could while heading to the sink to wash out his cereal bowl before leaving. As he expected it didn't take long before he heard her snort out loud then begin insisting it was him that ordered the thing. "It wasn't me." He turned around and saw the expected skeptical look on her face but she thought there was a chance he was telling the truth. Her brother was a bit nerdy and stupid at times. He did like to do weird stuff once in a while. On the other hand, this wasn't really his style so part of her was inclined to actually believe him.

"So did you try it out yet," she asked with a voice full of mock-curiosity. Gerald shrugged his shoulders and told her that he tried to use it on himself but it didn't work. At which point she grinned wider and handed it towards her brother, "Then use it on me. Let's see what kind of horny pervert it wants me to be."

Jessica obviously didn't believe this thing would work any more than her brother did so there was no hesitation on. Gerald just shrugged his shoulders, dried his hands, and grabbed it. He pointed it at his sister, locked on with the red button to see that once again it correctly identify the target. Which gave him a tiny twinge of doubt about pressing the button but it wasn't really enough to slow him down as his thumb hit the green button.

For several seconds the screen lit up and words began flashing on screen in a manner reminiscent of an electronic slot machine. At first the words went by way too quickly to read but after a couple of seconds it began to slow down and a couple of the options could be read. As it slowed down, Jessica had slid up beside her brother and began watching along with him reading the options that weren't selected ticked by. Things like "STONER SLUT," "ATTENTION WHORE," and "MAGICAL MATCHMAKER," ticked past. Finally it stopped with Gerald and Jessica both seeing the result.

Where does the Random Remote stop?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)