More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Roseidurian Roseidurian

What's next?

Tradition

The ocean stretched out around them. Arthur floated in place, accommodating the currents around him coming almost naturally to him. Mera swam up beside him.

He was still adapting to the undersea environment. He turned on the spot and took in the sight of the city all around them, before focusing back on her.

“Guess we should talk about that big kiss,” he said. “So does that mean we’re dating now, or…”

Mera suddenly stiffened. A few steps away, passing by, Vulko tensed too; sensing the sudden tension, Arthur fell silent. He looked back at Vulko uncertainly.

“What? Is dating some taboo topic here or what?” Arthur said.

There was a slightly longer pause. Vulko looked at him incredulously, though it wasn’t clear whether he was incredulous at Arthur’s nerve or his stupidity. Mera, meanwhile, stayed stiff.

“It…” she said, and swallowed. “Do you… want to ‘date,’ my King?” Mera said.

She put an odd emphasis on her words. Arthur raised his eyebrows, but shrugged.

“I mean, sure, if you want to,” he said.

In the background, Vulko lifted a hand to his forehead. Mera continued staring at Arthur, disbelieving.

“What? Did I say something wrong?” Arthur said.

“You imbecile,” Mera said.

“Um…”

“You could at least ask about our traditions, or take a hint, but no…” Mera said. Her cheeks started to redden.

Then she lifted her arms, fingers toying with the hem around her neck of her scaly jumpsuit. The single article of clothing was all she wore.

“You don’t exactly tell me much,” Arthur said. “Look, if it’s some big deal I can take it back, but…”

“Take it back?!” Mera said. “You said it in front of witnesses! And it is one of our oldest traditions, ancient in origin, it can’t be disregarded. I can’t believe you wouldn’t at least want to be in private, at least.”

“I didn’t realise dating was such a big deal to you people,” Arthur said.

“It isn’t just ‘dating,’” Mera said. “You are King, Arthur. That comes with rules. Responsibilities, especially for people you want to be close to. One cannot deny a King’s request, so by saying what you wanted, and saying it publicly… what were you thinking?!”

“That I thought we had something! What’s the big problem here?”

Vulko cleared his throat. He drifted closer.

“If I may, the tradition I believe the princess is concerned about,” he said. “Each prospective queen, that is each person the King is interested in, is expected to perform a tour of all the realms over the next lunar month, to show their loyalty to the land, and to show what it is that is now the King’s.”

“Huh. Ok, see the ancient part of that law,” Arthur said. “But I don’t see the big problem.”

“Naked,” Vulko said.

There was a pause. Mera reddened further, as much from embarrassment as anger.

“Say what?” Arthur said.

“Because of your stupid,_ stupid _question,” Mera said, “Somewhere it can’t be denied, you’ve just ensured that by the traditions of Atlantis I have to undergo the rite of all prospective partners of the King and spend the next month completely naked, and show myself off to all the corners of our realm.”

Arthur stared.

And, but ever-faithful to the traditions of her people, Mera slowly slipped her outfit off. The green scales gave way to pale skin, unused to seeing sunlight, with her vivid red hair floating freely behind her.

Her garment drifted away on the current behind her, and she nervously crossed one arm over her boobs, holding her other arm. A neatly trimmed triangle of bright red adorned her pussy.

“You idiot,” Mera said, as Arthur's mouth dropped open at the sight.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)