More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Blackhand Blackhand

Why are they going gambling?

They're in debt to the wrong folks

Sean was waiting for her when Emma got home. The entire ride back, her anxiety had been rising and rising. The reason that they were going out tonight wasn't for fun. She personally hated gambling. She hated the anxiety of waiting for a card turn, or knowing that a bad bet could mean all of their money was gone. She'd begged Sean so many times before not to do it. He kept on justifying his gambling habit with all kinds of excuses. The biggest one though was that until now he was in the black. He'd come home with more money then he'd gone with every time. They'd used that money to help pay for the mortgage on their home, new jewelry for her, a new car. But, now everything was coming home to roost.

"Hey baby." He gave her a kiss on the cheek after she drove in. His face was ghostly pale. "Go inside and get ready quickly. I don't want to be late."

"Okay, Sean." She kisses him back on the lips. ""I love you."

"I love you too, Emma. But, come on. We have to get going."

He was already dressed appropriately for the venue. She turned to shoot him a glance while she walked into the house. Sean had fallen into debt to some bad people. He'd lost hands in cards that he should never have lost. That he should never have even placed himself in the opportunity to lose. It made her too terrified to be mad. Especially since today, they'd asked him to bring her along with them. It was not a request you said no too.

Where are they going?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)