More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Sarckle Sarckle

Which story?

The Shadow Concubines

April 2023 Contest: Danger!!

The King was in danger. I stared out over the sea, the dark clouds rolled over the horizon. It could just be a storm. But I knew better, I’d seen the curse roll in enough times.

His arms wrapped around me, he kissed my neck, whispering in my ear, “The Watchers confirmed it’s the curse. The girls are resting, you should too.”

He was right of course. As the Queen, I was the last line of defense. He knew as well as I did that rest wouldn’t come. I hadn’t slept before a curse since I was a Shadow Concubine myself.

Our children stopped by before sunset. Our eldest son, Prince Saliz and his wife. Their concern was heightened knowing that if the king fell tonight the next time it would be him in danger. I wasn’t sure how I would handle that either, it’s bad enough my husband being at risk, but my own son?

Princess Dalinia waddled in with her bulging pregnant belly. Her husband was a Watcher so he’d be busy with curse preparations.

The Princess Halcony visited briefly before going to make sure the Shadow Concubines were fully prepared.

Their youngest Prince Ferrik was brought by his teacher, Kaliopine. Ages ago she was my Sister in Shadow, she served till she aged out. Being a Shadow Concubine was a young woman’s game. I clutched the purple charm hanging from my neck, I got out early by earning my Medal of Gallantry.

King Geraz loved his children, but as dusk approached, we were to send them away. The royal apothecary brought by the sleeping draught, his fear would only embolden the Shadows. I stroked his hair as he drifted off, “Everything will be alright,” I slowly repeated, as much to myself as to him.

I slipped from the bed, and out of the Curse Chamber, to greet the waiting Shadow Concubines. The dozens of young women were stripping, no reason to ruin their good clothes. A familiar laugh caught my attention, Halcony. The princess was talking to a Concubine.

“Halcony, what are you still doing here?” I asked trying not to raise my voice.

“Relax, I’ve got plenty of time,” but when she looked through the small slit of a window, she could see that darkness was quickly approaching. “I should go,” she told the Concubine. I tried to remember her name. She had the rich brown skin of a sub-continenter, but there was something else to her. Slight point to her ears, and when she smiled at Halcony, I could see the gnarled tusk. She was a half-orc as well. “I’ll see you tomorrow,” and with that the Princess bound out of the Shadow Sanctum, the chamber around the King’s Curse Chamber that funneled the Shadows past the Concubines.

“Dwarla, right?” I finally recalled her name.

“Yes, your majesty,” she curtsied. I tried in the past to dissuade the Concubines from treating me this way, I still saw them as my Sisters in Shadow, but Kaliopine made me realize how we would’ve reacted had the Queen before me had encouraged such behavior. We loved her, but she was the Queen and we were Concubines.

“You’ve been with us for a while, correct?” I look her over, “How far from retirement are you?” She ran her tusk over her upper lip, looking to the slit window, just wide enough to see through. “Sorry, continue prepping while we talk.”

Dwarla nodded, removing her top. “I’m 23, but I joined late, so another 4 years for full honors, if I can make it.” I froze when she turned to place her clothing in her lockbox, her back was crisscrossed with scars from whipping. She must’ve seen the look on my face, she tucks her lip back over her tusk, and reached up with one hand to nervously fold her pointed ear. “Everywhere isn’t kind to those like me.”

“As a former Shadow Concubine, the Island Kingdom will respect you.” I rested my hand on her shoulder, her skin warm to the touch. “And you’ll have our Sisters as connections. What do you want after retiring?”

“I used to bake back in the sub-continent. I’ve been saving my wages to open my own bakery.” The whirl of alarms distracted the conversation. The first Shadow had been spotted.

The Concubines spread out around the round chamber surrounding the King’s chamber. Dwarla hurried to remove the rest of her clothing. “I look forward to visiting your bakery,” I left her and the others to their final preparations, returning to the center chamber, and my sleeping husband.

As I entered the King’s chamber, the guards barricaded the door. The viewing slots and the candles were our only source of light. The pounding outside told me that the Shadows had already found their way to the Sanctum. The hourglass on the table trickled, counting down by each grain until dawn, until the King’s safety was guaranteed, until the next .

I went to the first viewing slit, the room beyond filled with dozens of young and naked women. The beam barricading the Sanctum door was cracking, shadowy fingers pushing through the crack of the door. The door never lasted long, but when every second brings the dawn closer the door is always barricaded. The beam snaps, a spray of splinters were caught by the veil, preventing the Concubines from being impaled.

I was shocked as Shadow after Shadow poured into the room, this was a large . How did the Watchers not see this coming? We would’ve offered bonuses for retired Concubines to return for tonight.

The smoky shadow men rushed towards the Concubines. The sound of gags and slaps of bodies quickly filled the chamber. I watched as the Shadows surrounded the willing women, when I spotted one Concubine huddled on the floor. She held her legs to her chest, burying her face in her knees. The Shadows ignore her, the curse only affects those willing to serve the King. She’d lose her job come morning, but the Shadows would ignore her.

Dwarla was to one side, she had one shadow cock in her mouth, 4 bodies overlapped behind her. The Shadows easily pass through each other, allowing multiple Shadows access to each Concubine. I was impressed by her ability to subdue 5 of them, and just as the thought passed, she reached out grabbing a sixth with her hand, stroking the black smoke cock.

Centuries ago when the curse first started, the Shadow Concubines weren’t a thing. The men would fight the Shadows, and they would lay down their lives for the King. Even when it was discovered that the Shadows were just as willing to fuck willing women instead of kill willing men, it still took decades to form the Order of Shadow Concubines.

The sand trickled through the hourglass. The Shadows cum one after another as the Concubines do their job. With each ejaculation the Shadow grows lighter, more transparent. The first Shadow cry caught my attention, I watched as the Shadow evaporated into a puff of smoke. The conquering Concubine was a veteran, she’d been serving for years and must be approaching retirement herself, but her victory was short lived as another Shadow took its place.

“They’re doing great,” I whisper to the sleeping King.

The smoky smell of the gray Shadow cum reminded me of my own time in the Sanctum. The way it would drip from every orifice, hang from your skin, how the taste of smoke would fill your mouth. Exhausted from the physical exhaustion of marathon fucking, combined with the draining effect of the Shadow cum. The Concubines were some of the strongest people in the kingdom to withstand such trials on a regular basis.

Slowly the newer Concubines fell victim to the exhaustion. Their bodies laid limp, they’d be sore for days. Luckily for them, due to their status they would be waited on hand and foot. Even my daughter Halcony, the Princess, made a habit of caring for the recovering Concubines. The Shadows they had distracted would move on to the next Concubine, no longer able to hold their attention.

The sand fell, the Concubines fell, the Shadows fell. If all went right the King wouldn’t. Either the sun would rise and banish the remaining Shadows, or the Concubines would conquer the . A dark whisper, tickled in the back of my mind, or the King dies.

A few Concubines cling to consciousness, exhaustion heavy on their lids as they do their best to hold on to a Shadow, their mouth gingerly working the smoky cock. Their energy barely enough to keep one Shadow tamed.

Meanwhile the remaining veterans keep strong. Shadows kept trickling in through the door. Some common women do their part on the streets, holding up a Shadow or two, but when they fall the Shadows continue to the castle. Occasionally a foreigner will try to prove his manhood against the Shadows, but the fighters always fall much quicker than the women.

The last Concubine truly standing held back a half dozen Shadows herself. A few other Shadows were sprinkled around the Sanctum by weary eyed women, fighting exhaustion more than anything.

The hourglass showed another couple hours. I stripped from my regal clothing, folding it carefully and placing it aside. I rubbed a thumb over the Medal of Gallantry that I wore at all times.

My feat of Gallantry was easier than what the last Concubine faces. It was easier than what I was bound to face when she fails.

The Medal of Gallantry had earned me a favor from my Queen. I had asked for a royal hand in marriage. She had given me her 4th son, Geraz. We were happy until a series of bad curses caused King after King to fall, suddenly our ascension to the throne seemed more likely, and I had been foolish enough to fall in love with him. Luckily Geraz survived again and again, and we had 4 lovely children together.

The Shadow bellowed a cry turning to a puff of smoke as gray cum sprayed across the Concubine’s face. The draining ejaculate sapped her energy, and she passed out. Just for a second, but as her consciousness slipped the Shadows passed through her and she fell to the floor. She was awake before hitting the ground, but it was too late, all she could do was grab one. The other 4 charged the door to the Curse Chamber.

I stepped behind the veil, waiting for the door to crash open. I took a drink, knowing I was in for a rough night, one way or the other. Success or failure would both be devastating.

The door creaked and bowed as the Shadows rammed the wood from the other side. So much sand rested in the top of the hourglass.

Shadow fingers slithered through the crack, the barricading beam groaned in stress. I gave a look to my sleeping husband, when the wood exploded in a shower of splinters caught by the veil.

The 4 Shadows flooded into the room. They saw the King and roared, the stones of the Chamber rattled in place. They charged forward and I was the only thing between them and him. They were fiercer than I remembered, but that could be the years of age catching up to me, or perhaps they’d been spurred on by the sight of the King.

Memories were a poor substitute for the reality of having your senses overwhelmed by smoke. The cock pushed past my lips, and I lost sight of the other three. Surely seeing the King wouldn’t change their actions, would they ignore you for him?

No, one cock slips into my quim, followed by a second stretching it to its limits. I waited for the last cock, and clenched as it pressed to my anus. I was no stranger to anal, but it had been years. For the King.

The 4 Shadows fucked me, their cocks sliding in and out of my orifices. The Shadow cock in my ass pulled out, leaving my anus gaping in its wake. Warm ejaculate shot across my back.

The draining effect was immediate. I really should have slept today, but my experience as a Concubine, and my love for my husband kept me strong. I wasn’t going to give in.

The cock slipped back into my ass, the rhythmic fucking picking up where it left off. A cock throbbed in my sex, pulsing atop its brother, a warmth shot through my core adding an additional lubricant to the mix. More energy drained by the Shadow cum.

The Shadow penetrating my mouth pushed himself deep into my throat. He quivered, his cock swelled as warm smoky cum exploded in your throat. It spewed back into my mouth, my eyes watering at the overwhelming taste of smoke, I swallowed what I could around the Shadow before he released a wail and vanished in a puff of smoke.

I took the short reprieve as a chance to breathe. That was one Shadow down, three to go. And more could show up at any point. Either coming from the streets or another barely awake Concubine succumbing to exhaustion, their ensnared Shadow able to make its way into the inner Chamber.

The light from the door was blocked out by a figure. Another Shadow already making its way inside. Except it wasn’t. The figure was smaller, and solid, not transparent like a Shadow.

“I’m still standing,” the Concubine sighed, taking a deep swig from her canteen. I recognized the voice, I had just been talking to her a few hours ago before the sunset. Dwarla the sub-continenter half-orc. She passed me the canteen and I greedily drank, washing away the smoky flavor of Shadow ejaculate for now. “I’m here, Queen Jaliope. We’re going to save the King.”

She grabbed a Shadow, the second cock was pulled from my quim. Relief washed over me with the emptiness I felt with only a single cock penetrating my sex.

The relief was short lived as another figure appeared in the doorway. This time light filtered through the body, a Shadow free of whatever was holding it back. “I’ll take this one,” Dwarla assured me, “Come here, you smoky bastard!”

I watched the hourglass drain, the sand fell almost tauntingly slow. Was it not moving faster earlier, or was this an illusion brought on by the cum induced exhaustion.

Dwarla caught the new arrival by his smoky cock, pulling the Shadow to her mouth. It wasted no time thrusting its black hips forward, it was lightly colored, it would likely only last another orgasm, maybe two.

My legs gave out in exhaustion when my bowels were sprayed with a flurry of Shadow cum. I fell to the floor, my knees screamed in agony as they collided with the stony floor. However, I kept going, pushing back against the penetrating Shadows behind me.

Dwarla was obviously exhausted, she’d been going all night. I was impressed that she managed to get back up.

Another figure appeared in the doorway. It was too much to hope for another Concubine to join the effort. The Shadow crossed the room. Dwarla reached for him, but I spoke, “I got it.” I’d just started and she’d been going for hours, and if she fell, I wasn’t sure I’d outlast the hourglass.

Sand trickled grain after grain. Load after Shadow load draining my energy, draining Dwarla’s.

The Shadow fucking Dwarla’s face growled as his smoky ejaculate painted across her face. She coughed, “Pass me one.” I wrapped my fingers around the Shadow cock in my mouth, and guided him towards the younger woman. “How are you holding up?” she asked, stroking the exchanged Shadow.

My throat was hoarse from the roughness of the Shadows, “Exhausted,” my eyes drooped, my knees ached, Shadow cum was everywhere. I felt the Shadow fucking my quim from behind throb as he pumped another dose of Shadow cum into my depths. The last shreds of my energy drained from me, my arms gave out sending me to the floor.

“My Queen!” Dwarla exclaimed. My eyes slowly closed, I fought trying to stay conscious but the familiar darkness closed over my eyes. “Jaliope! Stay with me,” Dwarla shouted as I slipped away.


“Jaliope,” King Geraz’s voice cooed me awake. I sat up, every muscle aching, reminding me of all those mornings in my youth as a Shadow Concubine, recovering from the night before.

“You’re alive?” I wheezed, my breath still tasted of smoke. It would for days still, but he’s alive. Or I was hallucinating.

He kissed me, “I’m alive. All thanks to you.” He was really alive, his touch warm as his thumb rubbed over our clasped hands.

“And Dwarla?”

“She’s recuperating in a suite,” he kissed my knuckles, “I advised her to consider a request, assuming you’d reward her the Medal.” I nodded, of course I would award the Medal of Gallantry. As much as my efforts helped, I fell, Dwarla saved the King.

A knock on the door, he called them in. The butler carried in a tray of food.


We sat on our thrones, holding the other’s hand. Our children stood to one side, a few royal advisers lingered along the wall. Dwarla was dressed in Concubine silks, standing before us.

It was the Queen’s duty to award the Medal of Gallantry. It was my honor to celebrate Dwarla. “Dwarla, we’ll be holding an official ceremony tomorrow, but tonight we wanted to discuss the other benefits of earning the Medal.” She nodded, glancing from me to the King, to the Princes and Princesses. “You’ll be allowed to retire effectively immediately with full benefits. A generous payout. And most importantly a personal favor of the royal family, within reason and our power. Maybe a building in the Noble district, for that bakery you mentioned?”

Dwarla rubbed her arm. “Thank you, your Majesties. However, I was actually wanting to request something else.” She glanced down at her feet. “I wanted to ask for the royal hand in marriage.”

The King tensed in my hand. It was my duty to handle Medal favors, but he held the power to deny any request I would bequeath. It was rare, if a Medal was earned almost any price was worth it.

Would the Kingdom truly accept a royal marriage with a sub-continenter half-orc? What about their children? Kings fall, and Ferrick is 3rd in line until Saliz has children. The marriage is one thing, but a half-orc King? Not to mention, “Prince Ferrik is too young.” By the time he came of age, Dwarla would be nearly past her childbearing years.

“I know,” Dwarla said, turning her gaze back to me. “I didn’t mean Prince Ferrik.”

“Prince Silaz is already married,” I said, quirking an eyebrow.

“The Princess Halcony.”

The Princess? I turned to my daughter, she wouldn’t meet my gaze, but I could see the smile on her face. “You understand that she might be required to bear heirs in the future?”

“Yes, your Majesty. I’ve always wanted to be a mother.” I looked to the King, the look in his eye told me that he trusted my judgment.

“I can’t just give you her hand,” I said, Dwarla’s shoulders tensed. A sadness washed over her face. “However, the best I can do is grant you our blessing to ask her yourself.”

“Eeeek!” a loud squeal echoed off the walls. Princess Halcony bounded across the throne room, she jumped into Dwarla’s arms, “yes, yes, yes!” She pulled Dwarla’s face to hers, their kiss deep and full of passion that betrayed the fact that this wasn’t their first.

Dwarla smiled, running her upper lip over her tusk, “I didn’t even ask.”

The Princess slapped Dwarla’s arm, “Shut up.” She giggled kissing her again.

“I guess we have a wedding to plan,” I whispered to Geraz.


I continued down the street of the Noble district. Princess Pastries, the sign above the door read. I walked in greeted by the smell of fresh baked bread, sweets along every counter.

My daughter laid up in a nest of pillows and cushions. A dark skinned child cuddled under her arm as she read the book propped against her bulging pregnant belly. When my grandchild caught sight of me, he jumped from Halcony’s nest. “Grandma,” he said colliding with my legs.

“Prince Adwa,” I lifted him into my arms, “My you’ve grown.” He giggled as I nuzzled my face against him.

“Dwa-dwa,” Halcony called towards the back. When no answer came, she raised her voice shouting, “DWARLA! THE QUEEN’S HERE!” My daughter wasn’t the most pleasant while pregnant, I still don’t know why Dwarla agreed to a third child.

But when Dwarla entered the store front with a smile, and Princess Nanadwa in tow, I knew it was because she loved my daughter, and my grandchildren with all her heart. The tiny Prince and Princess rocked on their heels anticipating gifts from their Grandmother. And I wasn’t one to disappoint, “I brought you something,” I reached into my bag. A porcelain doll from the far east for Nanadwa. And a new book about a dragon hunting knight for Adwa.

They excitedly thank me for the gifts and run off to show their mother in her nest. “Jaliope, it’s so nice to see you,” Dwarla said hugging you, she smelled of bread. She handed me one of the jelly filled pastries her and Nanadwa had brought out. Together we looked out the window, dark clouds rolling over the horizon. “Is it the curse?”

I swallowed, “The Watchers don’t know yet.”

“It feels like it though,” Dwarla agreed with my worst fears. “King Silaz will be fine, I’m sure. Our Sisters are stronger than ever.”

“Dwa-dwa, I need you,” Halcony called from her nest.

“Duty calls,” Dwarla giggled, patting me on the shoulder. “Coming dear,” she sung.

I watched the dark clouds roll over the horizon. There was nothing I could do, so I decided on distractions. Dwarla was helping Halcony make her way to the bathroom, which left my grandchildren ripe for the picking. I found a booth and snuggled them up tight to my sides. I read from Adwa’s new book, while Nanadwa brushed the doll’s hair.

The curse would continue, but so would we. The King was in danger, but life kept going.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)