More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by ErisAphrodite ErisAphrodite

Where was Vivia going?

The Hills of Heqstal

With a confident nod, Vivia tucked her map back and tightened her hair-tie, re-fastening her long copper ponytail. She was on her way to the Hills of Heqstal, a place out in the wildlands that few venture to, but where she must in order to find a certain Trygal Root—something her current employer needed plenty of.

She was told it would be easy to find, if you looked in the little valleys between hills. It sounded easy enough for her, but there was the risk of running into one of the many dangers of the Wild out there, and so only the brave made the journey.

After a good hour or so, Vivia made it to the edge of the Hills of Heqstal, and successfully hiked up the scree-ridden, rocky slopes that it was known for. She noted the first valley beyond was quite empty of any such roots, and so she had to climb over more hills, in search of other valleys. Trees here were sparse and small, and other vegetation was even smaller and sparser, but it was far from open land due to the myriad of undulating, rocky hills.

Eventually she located one source of Trygal Root, but it wasn't enough, and so she crested one more hill, and climbed into one more valley to search for more. It was then that she had the sense that she was being watched... She paused to give her surroundings a scan, yet shook the feeling off when the search came up empty.

But was the feeling correct?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)