More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by newname newname

Who will the book find?

The Discovery in Basson Pennsylvania.

The following two threads by myself (splinters entirely to their own discretion) have an intended trajectory for a slow burn until the hopefully dynamic literary engine kicks on I'm basing on a couple literary works and a historical figure. Momentum acceleration expected on thread three to five for me, four to seven numerically see how fast characters can process their surroundings. Hit or miss reckon there's something to be had of it.

Dominic Kearsly turned from the cross hairs of the round porthole window of his attic bedroom overlooking most the neighborhoods leading to rustic downtown Basson. It could be considered late spring or early summer depending on perspective.

Upon turning from the window he promptly stubbed his toe on a warped board rising out of the floor. With a torrent of curses he yanked up the floorboard revealing joists draped with dry-rot and a scattering of termites. With an exhale Dominic exclaimed. "Fucking perfect."

Dominic bent down and inspected the new hole that removing the floorboard created. "What in holy, fucking, hell is this supposed to be?" he again exclaimed sighing.

Resting among the wood, splinters, dry-rot and termites was a heavy leathery volume with semi-precious stones glittering on it's cover. It wasn't that it was beautiful he thought picking it up, or maybe it was he thought when the moonlight struck it through the window, retiring to near his porthole Dominic flipped the book over in his hands a couple times thumbed the edges of the pages enough to tell that they were handwritten. The quality and texture soon had Dominic assured no-one would put the time, effort or cost into this as a hoax. Evaluating Dominic thought the raised figures on the cover may be befitting A high quality Kama Sutra.

Dominic set the tome on his desk near his computer, then made some basic efforts to repair or at least mitigate the floor damage. Having Done the best handy work he was capable of Dominic went in the half-bathroom of his attic bedroom.

As Dominic got situated with the book he noticed it seemed to cause his computer screen to distort nearest the leather and paper. "Man, I hope this book was not treated with radioactive isotopes in preparation or preservation."

Opening the book Dominic saw writing halfway between Kanji and Hebrew, this writing began a rapid procession of changes, starting to get more recognizable at the Greek to Latin alphabets symbols occasionally sifting out into W's marked what Dominic could handle and when it stopped. "Don't know, the paper, the ink, something in the symbol creation but there's definitely something here worth getting a good grasp on."

What does Dominic learn?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)