More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Proguiller Proguiller

Which Monster do you choose?

Tentacle Colony

Anne walked through the trees of the great mountain forest with a happy whistle. She was a 19-year-old girl, with shoulder-length red hair, some freckles across her face, and C-cup-shaped breasts. At last her summer vacation had arrived and she had decided to take a trip to Europe. At that time she was in a small town in Finland, going through a thick forest surrounded by nature. She had always been a nature-loving girl since she was little, which is why she was a hiker since she was a child.

Now 19 years old, and recently independent, she felt it was time to do more than go down mountain roads or trails through a forest prepared by man. She was out in the wild, guided only by her compass, a map, and her own memories of hers. She knew it was a very bad combination, but she was not afraid, she had gone to many similar places in the United States, more humanized, yes, but similar after all.

The only thing that kept bothering her in the back of her mind were the looks of the townspeople, mostly people over 50 years old. Some looked at her with pride, the typical one that an experienced local would give to a newcomer, others with amusement and a few with sorrow, as if they knew something that she did not. But there was nothing to worry about, it was just her imagination.

She paused for a moment, admiring the clearing he was in, the morning light filtering through the branches. She walked over to a good-sized rock and took a seat, taking her backpack and opening it to get a bottle of water. For a few moments, all was quiet, and she allowed herself to close her eyes to relax. Soon after, she got up to continue her journey, but something on the edge of her vision caught her eye.

There, in the thick of the trees and a short distance away, she could see the entrance to a cave. Something told her that it was not a good idea to go in there, but her sense of adventure was stronger. Determinedly, she walked briskly toward the entrance, and the closer she got, the more she could smell a sweetish, alluring scent. This confused her, but the small voice inside her that told hef it could be a danger was drowned in the growing need to discover what that smell was.

Before long, she was at the entrance, cautiously passing the threshold. The cave was dark, but the smell was stronger than ever. She reminded her of strawberries. Taking her cell phone from her, she turned on the flashlight app and advanced further into the depths of the cavern, searching for the source of that sweet smell. After much searching, the smell finally intensified as she saw a silhouette in the background, which was soon illuminated by the flashlight. It seemed to be a gigantic flower, Anne was barely halfway up, and her petals were closed.

Anne stared at the flower for a few seconds before smiling hugely and turning her phone back on. She was going to take a picture of that thing and become famous, she had discovered a new species of flower! But before she could do anything, she felt something wrap around her ankles. Looking down, she saw what appeared to be two long, thin, green roots around her feet.

Confused, she reached down to try to remove them, but the plant tentacles clenched tightly and pulled her, causing her to fall onto her back. With some pain, she leaned on her forearms and noticed that those roots came from the bottom of the flower. Soon, the vines dragged her and lifted her into the air, face down, oblivious to her cries or protests. Squirming, Anne saw that they led her to the flower that had slightly opened the petals of her. She could see a natural pink pool in the background. Somewhat scared, afraid of having encountered some unknown carnivorous plant, she tried to reach the tentacles on her ankles, but she did not achieve anything.

With great care, as if the flower did not want to damage it, she was introducing it inside, placing it gently in the pool. The tentacles released her and rushed away, closing the petals and leaving her in relative darkness, illuminated by the pink glow of the liquid and her phone, which luckily she hadn't dropped. Anne positioned herself as best she could, looking at her phone, determined to call someone, but her heart fell when she saw that she had no coverage. Looking around her with growing fear, she noticed that her exit was almost four meters away, but that wouldn't stop him from trying to break through her natural prison, her petals didn't look very resistant.

Before she could do so, she felt the pink liquid rise, slowly rising. Terrified, and thinking that that thing was going to digest her, she tried to break the petals from it, but she couldn't. Desperately, she dropped the mobile and began to strike with all her might, but those petals were much stronger than they appeared. Such was her panic that she did not notice that her flesh was not dissolving until the pool reached her knees. Confused, she stared at the liquid, noticing for the first time that her shoes, socks, and part of her pants were dissolving.

With a mixture of amazement, fear and confusion, he saw the silhouette of his cell phone dissolve, and although he was afraid that he would be electrocuted, it did not happen, and soon, there was nothing left of what was once his phone. The liquid continued to rise to her throat, and although she had raised his arms now to avoid it, she ended up letting them fall, total, her clothes were disappearing, what was the use of having her sleeves intact? While the strange pool left her naked, she also left her backpack in oblivion, erasing all traces even of her plastic bottles or any other metal material.

When finished, she was completely naked, anything other than her erased from existence, and the liquid was withdrawn to its initial state, just above her ankles. If it wasn't for the shock or because she was totally alone, she would have covered herself. However, the flower jerked around, causing Anne to fall to the ground, splashing into the pool. The flower seemed to be coming out of the ground and moving rapidly through the cave, although the girl couldn't see anything.

Where will the flower take Anne?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)