More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by ThreeNipps ThreeNipps

Click the AMA icon?

Sure. Why not?

Not really caring about any negative consequences, you double click the AMA icon. Immediately, the screen goes black. Fuck. This was looking bad already. Did you just download some sort of spyware? A second later, words appear on the screen.

Affection Multiplier App

This is a gift. Please enjoy it!

What on earth... This has to be some kind of prank by your coworkers. All of them are definitely tech savvy enough to pull something elaborate like this off. The words disappear and are replaced by what looks like the home screen of the app. More words appear on the screen.

We recommend reading through the glossary.

Your eyes scan the screen and you find the glossary and click on it.

Welcome. The Gift of the Affection Multiplier allows your relationships with people to build five times faster. It is an always-present gift, and will affect every aspect of your social life from now on. The Affection Multiplier App is a useful resource to check the progress of your relationships with people through the use of an intuitive scoring system.

You can't help but scoff at what you just read. Your coworkers should have at least made this somewhat believable.

Relationships are tracked on a -100 to 100 scale. -100 meaning the relationship is as bad as possible. 100 meaning the relationship is as good as possible. 0 means the person is completely neutral. Someone with a score of 50 is a very good friend. A score of 100 means that they are a loyal companion. -100 signifies pure hatred. From this point on, the app will track the relationship scores of everyone you know. Interact with someone to begin.

Well you will certainly give the pranksters credit for creativity. How wild would this be if it were actually real? You explore the other links on the app home page. All of it is empty except for one thing, "Profile."

You click it and nearly fall out of your chair. Your own face stares back at you. It's not that you're so ugly that you scared yourself, it's the details of the picture. It looks very recent. As in so recent you're wearing the same clothes. The app must have taken a picture of you from your webcam when you opened the app. There's only one problem, you don't have a webcam on your computer. You stand up and examine the top of your screen, looking for any signs of a camera. Nothing. Okay this was officially creepy as fuck. Your actions have caught the attention of Hana. You notice her staring at you with an amused look on her face. If this was a prank, she had to have been involved.

With a smile, she says, "What are you up to Frank? Not having a breakdown over there, are you? I knew this would eventually happen."

Trying to compose yourself, you say, "Very funny, Hana. You can cut the act now. This is really freaking me out."

With genuine confusion on her face, she says, "I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you feeling okay?"

You scoot your desk chair aside and say, "Here. Look at this weird app that was on my computer this morning. I've never seen it before and it's taking pictures of me."

Looking at you like you have two heads, Hana takes off her headphones and gets up. You can't help but notice how well the skirt she's wearing hugs her legs. She walks over to you and leans over your desk, looking at the screen. From this close, you can really admire her flawless skin.

"I don't see anything weird, Frank. Just your super lame desktop background."

Your face is still on the screen. Either Hana was a phenomenal actress or you were losing your mind. Either that or it's real. But there's just no way.

Hana gives you an amused look and goes back to her desk saying, "Maybe you should see a doctor."

Trying to calm yourself with deep breaths, you turn back to your screen and see a little light in the bottom corner. It's saying you have a new notification. You click on it and it takes you to a different profile.

- Sato, Hana - Affection Score: 6. - History: Tuesday, 8:07 am (+4)

Underneath is a picture of Hana from just a minute or two ago. She's got that same amused look on her face. For a second, you consider the possibility that this was real. Apparently Hana was amused enough by that encounter that your score with her increased. As far as the score goes, it's not a surprise. It just confirms that she's almost entirely indifferent towards you. You notice a way to close the app. Thoroughly spooked, you click it only for another message to pop up.

Enable real time score updates?

Enable real time score updates?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)