More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Rowenar Rowenar

What's next?

Sleepwalking

It was her first night back in the past after introducing herself to everyone, and Nora was still struggling to calm down. She could barely lay down for more than a second before she wanted to jump up again, pacing across the room and grinning.

She was really here! And by the sound of it she'd be sticking around for a bit, hanging out with her mother and father, albeit way before they were her parents. And she was still being a hero, learning even more about the speed and what she could do.

She could still feel electricity tingling against her skin, remnants of just how fast she'd moved lingering.

Nora tried to lay down again, closing her eyes even if she didn't expect to get much sleep. How was she meant to relax after the day she'd had?

Slowly, so very slowly, she began to calm down. She was still jittery, but she could relax.

One downside to shooting herself back into the past was not exactly being able to bring much in the way of luggage. She had a few changes of clothes, mostly picked up in this era, along with her super-costume; pyjamas had never been a priority though. She slept in rather little, her panties and a loose top, relying on a blanket for cover.

Well, it wasn't like anyone was going to see. She wriggled, getting comfortable under the sheets.

Eventually she managed to keep her eyes closed, and eventually she managed to drift off-

Only to suddenly jerk awake when she bumped into something. Nora jumped, blinking blearily, rubbing her eyes; that was... a wall.

A stone wall. Nora squeaked, looking around; she was outside. Rather than being in the lounge she'd been sleeping in, now she was without the sheets, and standing in what was thankfully an empty alleyway. Wait-

Damn it. Nora rolled her eyes, muttering something irritated to herself.

Sleepwalking. She'd done it before, mostly when she was nervous; while for a normal person sleepwalking was only a minor irritation, a speedster sleepwalking had a tendency to find themselves in the middle of the wrong century, or the wrong universe, their subconscious mind tapping into their powers.

It'd been the first time she'd met Supergirl, Nora idly reflected. Though at least then she'd been wearing proper pyjamas; ok, they were embarrassing merch sold with Flash symbols on, but it was a little better than this.

And Kara had been able to help get her home quickly. This, though, didn't seem to be Kara's Earth. She couldn't be entirely sure, but there was always a... sense of where she was, multiversally speaking. This place didn't seem familiar.

Maybe the past, the future, or another Earth entirely. Nora exhaled. She couldn't afford to guess; if she was in the wrong universe she'd only exhaust herself trying to travel through time, to say nothing of the randomness of where she'd end up if she focused on a point in the timeline that didn't exist in that world, and vice versa.

"No big deal, no big deal," she muttered to herself. "Just have to work out where I am, then run back. Easy."

Still she nervously glanced either side, hyperaware of the fact that her long legs were entirely bare, only a tiny set of panties protecting her modesty. Awkwardly she tugged her top down, trying to cover a little more of herself.

Well, could be worse, she'd been sleeping nude the first time she'd arrived in the past. Though she still didn't exactly want to be seen by anyone.

Tentatively, Nora tiptoed towards the end of the alley, peering out and praying no one saw. She didn't want to run if she could help it; crossing time or universes took a lot out of a girl, it'd be better if she could save up her energy.

Her hands constantly adjusted her sleepwear, fidgeting nervously as she looked out at where she'd unwittingly ended up.

"Oh, this is not schway," she murmured.

What does she see? Where is she?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)