More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by GateKeeper_A GateKeeper_A

What's next?

She plans to lay low, hoping not to get caught before someone else can find the prize.

I've just got to wait this out, hide somewhere, hopefully someone will find the prize quickly and I can just go home, Kayo thinks glumly.

Still blushing furiously, Kayo picks a direction at random and starts to walk, her pace slow and deliberate as she tries to avoid hurting her feet on the rocky ground. Every so often, she glances back towards where she came from, until she can no longer see the building.

All too soon, she hears a speaker somewhere nearby announce, "Hour's up ladies!" The man from before says, the sound of his voice reverberating across the island from a thousand hidden speakers, "Let the games begin."

Kayo feels a sense of dread at the announcement, realizing that she's still out in the wide open, and still no sign of any place she might be able to hide.

She starts to move faster, growing to find some place to hide. A head, she can see the terrain change, as she grows closer, she starts to realize that she can see the ocean, waves crashing lazily against the shoreline.

Breaking into tears, Kayo falls to her knees on the rocky ground, This is hopeless! Nowhere to run, and nowhere to hide. My family is going to disown me!

She isn't sure how long she cries for, but finally, she takes a deep breath and wipes her eyes, I'm doing myself no favors by crying here like a little schoolgirl. Things might look hopeless, but I've got to try.

Getting back to her feet, she looks around. In the distance, from the direction she came, she can see a figure coming her way, but she's unable to tell if its a fellow contestant, or one of the men who are hunting them.

Deep down, she feels a growing certainty that she needs to make a decision quickly. If the figure hasn't seen her already, they will soon.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)