More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Acorn142 Acorn142

Settle the matter now or wait until morning?

Settle it right now: The Queen and the Princess

The King is more than willing to wait until morning and eagerly responds to his wife’s breasts. Caroline moans as she feels his tongue on her nipples and feels a rising wave of passion inside her.

Abruptly she stops. She remembers all the times Malcolm was in agreement with her on a matter, only to be talked out of it by his advisors. She pulled his head up with both hands and looked him in the eyes.

“On second thought, maybe we should settle this now, while the matter is fresh on your mind.”

“What matter?” asked Malcolm, with a puzzled look. The blood to his brain was already being diverted to between his legs, clouding his judgment.

“Let’s agree that Adella will go with me to Obscuria.”

“What? Adella—? Look can’t this wait —?”

The Queen reached down between her husband’s legs and began to stroke. “I would be ever so grateful, Sweetie. Could you just promise me this one little favor?”

She saw the look of helplessness in her husband’s eyes as he immediately gave his word, and she thought what a good spy she could have been — so easily turning the affairs of state with a simple touch of the king’s ‘royal scepter’!

With his promise in hand, Caroline laid back, felt her husband climb on top of her, and put away all thoughts of the adventure for the rest of the night.

* * * * *

As the royal party approached the Obscurian border, Lt. Garderson again pleaded with the Queen. “Your Majesty, at least let me send one of my officers to accompany you. If something were to happen to you or the princess, I should never forgive myself, nor would the Kingdom ever be consoled.”

“I appreciate your concern, Lieutenant, but my daughter and I will proceed on our own. The communique from Obscuria pledged us safe passage through their lands, and Imperia has personally sent her guard to meet us at the border. Your concern is touching, but you worry for naught.”

“As you command, Ma’am, but I will rest easier once you are back on Mirantian soil. The thought of Mirantia’s two fairest women at the mercy of those savages sets me on edge!”

“Those ‘savages’ will soon be in earshot, Lieutenant, so I must ask you and your comrades to remain here as Adella and I proceed. Thank you for your escort thus far, and pray tell the King I shall send word to him when we have arrived at our destination.”

With that, Garderson and his men come to a halt and bid farewell to the two regal figures who proceed together on horseback.

“Are you at all frightened, my daughter?” asks the Queen.

“Not frightened, Mother, but I am apprehensive. To be this far from home is rather unsettling.”

“You have been further from home than this, Adella. What of the state visits in which you have accompanied your father and me?”

“Yes, Mother, but always in the presence of the Palace Guard and a delegation from the castle. I dare say this is the first I have been out of the sight of my babysitters since I was born!”

“I should have done something like this long ago,” the Queen admits, soberly. “When you live your whole life in privilege as we do, you start to take things for granted. This will be a good experience for both of us.”

“But Mother.... what if they are as savage as the rumors suggest?”

“We shall see,” says the Queen. “I suspect much of the ‘savagery’ may be chalked up to the inability of men to fathom how a woman could ever be in charge. Personally, I find the notion refreshing!”

“And what of the reports of the rampant immorality?”

“Again, we shall see. But let me ask you, Dear, if you have ever wished you could live under the same standards as your brothers? I have seen how your eye follows some of the soldiers assigned to protect us; haven’t you ever wished you could chase them the way your brothers chase after the female servants?”

“Mother!” cries a shocked and embarrassed Adella, “I cant believe you said that!”

“I’m not so old that I have forgotten what it is like to be 23 years old, my dear. And I have not lost my appreciation for masculine finery, just because I am happily married.”

Adella laughs nervously. “Still.... What would Father think of this talk?”

“Your father might frown at our talk outwardly, but in his heart, he knows that our customs are antiquated and in need of modernization. I had hoped he would abolish the arcane law that delegates you to third in line to the throne, but perhaps that will have to wait one more generation.”

“I care little for the throne. I would much prefer that he abolish the custom of using the king’s daughter as a pawn in peace negotiations. I would much rather choose my own husband than have father marry me off to secure a treaty with some kingdom.”

“I understand, Dear. Still, you may do well. Being the wife of a king has many advantages.”

“For you, yes, Mother, but not all kingdoms are as well off as ours. Suppose Father sends me to be the wife of the Grand Vizier of Sharpeketan? He already has 20 or more wives — what kind of existence would that be?”

“Do not fret about that, my daughter. There is time enough to see what will develop on that front. But now we have arrived at the border, and unless I am very much mistaken, this is our official escort waiting for us.”

The two women approach a delegation of seven riders. Six are in fine, shining armor. The seventh does not wear full armor, but does bear an impressive golden chest plate, an ornate sword, and a spear. With a start, the Mirantians realize all of the delegation are women.

“Welcome to the great and sovereign Kingdom of Obscuria,” says the woman with the breastplate. “My mother, Imperia, Queen of Obscuria, Empress of the Four Isles, and Lady of the Tree of Sarhedran, sends you her greetings and commands us to give you safe conduct to the castle. I am Shasta, Princess Royal, and I shall accompany you.”

Queen Caroline acknowledges the greetings and introduces Adella. The Mirantians note the strength and nobility of the women who have been sent to escort them. Far from appearing to be savages, they bear proud, strong looks upon their faces and present a very good — if unusual — first impression.

As the armed escorts take up position around the royal party, Shasta draws her horse aside Caroline and Adella. “I trust your journey this far has been uneventful,” she says.

“It has been most pleasant,” answers the Queen. “It was kind of your mother to send such a fine welcoming delegation to us.”

“She is honored to do so. You honor us by coming here yourself and with your daughter. Mirantia’s previous emissary was — Well, let us not go there. I’m sure he did the best he could, with his limitations.”

“Limitations?” asked Adella. “Whatever do you mean?”

Shasta looks uncomfortable. “Forgive me for mentioning it. I admire that your kingdom aspires to promote equality, but matter as important as affairs of state really shouldn’t be entrusted to men. Don’t get me wrong — I’m no chauvinist, but you can’t legislate the natural order of things, and while men are undoubtedly of value for certain things, none of them really involve much by way of intellect, do they?”

Adella is about to speak, but her mother holds up a hand and gives her a look to remain quiet.

“We still have much to learn about each other’s countries and customs,” says Caroline. “For example, we did not even know before today that Imperia had a child.”

“She has three children, Your Majesty. In addition to me, there is my younger sister, Shilette, and our older brother Praamo.”

“I have three children as well,” says the Queen. “Two sons and a daughter. I look forward to speaking with your mother and finding out if the challenges of raising children are the same here as in our land.”

“I’m sure it is much the same,” says Shasta. “Although perhaps you have had greater challenges with two sons; keeping our brother from acting out on his masculine impulses has been a nearly full-time job. I don’t know how commoners manage it without a Palace Guard to keep watch!”

Caroline and Adella exchange looks. Clearly there are more differences here than they suspected.

After a couple of hours on horseback, the party arrives at the castle. It sits on a steep cliff, overlooking the sea, and it’s architecture is not too dissimilar to their castle back home.

“You are no doubt tired from your travels,” says Shasta. “Would you like to go to your quarters now to refresh yourselves, or would you like to be introduced to the Queen immediately?”

What do they do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)