More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Polar_Lime Polar_Lime

Is our agent ready to jump back into the fray? Or is some R&R in order?

Secure ground zero of recent bioweapon attack in North America.

"Thanks for the concern Newman. But I'd rather hear more about the bioweapon aftermath in North America. Shouldn't someone else be doing clean-up?" confidentially asked Ava.

Newman smiled like a proud parent. Although he wanted to make sure each agent was at the top of their game, he knew Ava was his best agent. Internally, he felt relief that they would have her services yet again.

"Ha! If only we could let the American government handle this themselves," answered Newman as the digital map shifted to an image of a city in ruins with tallies of "dead" and "infected" on the side. "Your primary mission is search and destroy. Reports are that this bioweapon either killed or infected 95% of the metro area's entire population. Those that are infected apparently have attacked first responders and trespassers who have entered the city. They do not appear to be...human anymore,"quietly spoke Newman.

"So you're telling us it's a zombie hunt?" a voice from the back rang out.

Newman squinted his eyes, but couldn't see exactly who asked the question. "Well, although I hate the Z word, but yes you could say that. But the reason why a group of you are going in because it appears there have been certain mutations discovered by the few survivors who made it back."

"So why not just drop a bomb or napalm and be done with it?" asked Ava. She was intrigued when she heard "mutations," thinking she'd like to go toe-to-toe with some mutant that could prove to be a challenge. But she wasn't going to waste her time, or life, is she didn't need to.

"We explored that possibility," sighed Newman, his tone clearly showing that was his preferred plan of action, "but we cannot risk harming any potential survivors in hiding. Remember although we have blocked the city off, this event happened less than 72 hours ago and there is strong evidence that this infection is no longer airborne."

The map zoomed in to the edge of the city barrier behind Newman. "Banshee, you will run point with a team at Entry D. You will make your way south to these checkpoints, clearing the way of any hostiles you come into contact with. Finally here, in the center of the city, you will await EVAC and turn on the RAVE. The RAVE will unleash 24 hours of a single large firework every 30 minutes with constant high decibel music that will hopefully reach the entire city. Hopefully this draws out the...zombies...in an open space for a quick extermination and a safer search and rescue operation by American forces. Any questions?"

The briefing room was silent as Ava looked around to see any volunteers. She turned back to Newman with a satisfied smile on her face. "Fuck it, let's go zombie hunting."

28 hours later....

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)