More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

Who discovers this magical trinket?

Scott

As much as he tried, Scott couldn't bare the bright sun. Sweat appeared on his forehead. His pale skin will turn red soon. He donned on his black SNES cap to shield his eyes. Meanwhile, Nicole hands him a bottle of sunscreen. Scott smiled, thanking her.

"Thanks mom." Scott widens his eyes. His mother pinched his cheeks, babying him. "For crying--thanks mom." He groaned, tired of being treated as such.

"Why? I'm your mom." Nicole kept rummaging through her bag. Ranger went to Scott's side. Scott scratched his head, pleasing the young dog. "Here it is. Why not you and Ranger go out on a walk?" Scott was handed Ranger's leash. He looked at it with concern.

"Me? Ranger will just run off," Scott hooks the leash to Ranger's collar. By instinct, Ranger stood up. "See? He's excited now." Scott was having trouble keeping Ranger close to him.

"Tell you what," Nicole went back to her bag once again. "Why not you go to the pier? The amusement park is here. Daniel will handle Ranger for you." Nicole handed her son a $100 bill. "I just want you to have fun sweetie." Nicole gave Scott a forlorn smile. And spend some time with us too.

"Okay, I'll get going." Scott gave Ranger one last pet before he left. Ranger gave out a bark and wagged his tail. What a dog. Scott chuckled. Wearing a pair of sunglasses, he took his bag and left.


The beach was full of people. Joy and laughter filled Scott's senses. Before going to the pier, he wanted to at least get his feet wet. People were scattered across the hot sand. However, Scott's eyes were glued to certain ones; people who were in much better shape than him.

He sighed. Even the girls looked better than him. He felt like a twig wrapped up in a single paper towel. He took off his brown sandals. His feet touched the damped sand. It was cold, just the way he liked it. As he walked, something poked the underside of his foot.

It was a necklace. An emerald cut gemstone, encased in a gold frame glittered under the sun. Reaching down, he picked it up. It looked beautiful, like a crisp flower. He assumed it was a prize from one of the amusement booths at the pier. He unhinged the gold chain and wore it around his neck. Scott felt an unusual amount of bliss. Was it because it looked expensive? Or, because it's, his? Whatever the reason, he rubbed the gem. Happy with his treasure, he walked along the shoreline.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)