More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by hyperlax700 hyperlax700

Pick a story

Sam, maybe Samantha

My life was pretty shit from the start. I never knew my dad. Mom used to tell me he left us, but as I got older I put two and two together. Mom worked late hours at a local strip club, and at some point, I understood that she probably had no idea who my dad was. When I was fifteen she married her latest boyfriend, Jim. He never really liked me and I suffered through it until I graduated high school. I got a job at the Burger Barn and finally made enough money to rent a room downtown. Soon after I moved out my mom and Jim moved to Florida. Apparently, I was the only thing still keeping them around.

I was working the night shift like I normally did. Not a lot happened during the night shift. Occasionally a group of drunken idiots stumbled in for their drunken midnight snack. I was happy as long as they didn't throw up inside.

"Welcome to Burger Barn, what can I get you?", I said. This happened on autopilot now, I've said it so many times.

"Sam? Is that you?". I looked up. Shit. It was Charlie. He had been the biggest jerk all through high school. His dad owned the factory and at least half the town worked there.

"So this is where you ended up," he said with an almost cruel smile. "I heard your mom and her boyfriend moved away. Figured you went with them." Yeah, yeah, rub it in. I got the feeling that he knew that I didn't and he probably knew that I worked here. He was probably here on purpose just to make me feel miserable.

My mind was trying to figure out what was the best answer here, to make him leave the fastest. But before I got a chance to answer he cut in.

"Listen, Sam. I was wondering if you might do me a solid. My dad has been on my ass about getting a serious girlfriend, and stop being a playboy. He apparently wants me to find myself a wife. I'm not really planning on settling down anytime soon, so I have just been lying to him and saying I have a steady girlfriend. Now, however, he wants to meet this girl."

I had no idea why Charlie was telling me any of this and I just stared at him.

"Since you clearly could do with some money, and I could do with a fake girlfriend to show to my dad, I figured you could help me out. You take an XChange and pretend to be my girlfriend for a dinner at my dad's and I give you 10 000 bucks."

He slapped an envelope on the table. I looked inside, and there was what looked like 10 000 dollars, and a little pink pill.

Do you take the deal?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)