More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

Who discovers this magical trinket?

Sabryna, a prestigious Caucasian girl

As the family got themselves situated, a luncheon was being held. Dave Boon, the president of DoveSoft was hosting the event. Everyone from employees to their families were formally dressed. Meanwhile, kids were having fun playing in the pool, separate from the beach.

The smell of fresh food and drinks was welcomed with open arms and empty stomachs. So far, everyone was happy to socialize and eat. Except for one individual. Tired of hearing about promotions and her father's company, Sabryna decided to split away.

"Sabryna, where are you going?" Dave inquired. "Please, stay with us." Dave put on a smile, hoping to ease her back. Sabryna wasn't in the mood, however.

"Dad, I'm just going to take a walk at the beach." Sabryna stood up, moving her chair away. Her favorite rainbow dress fluttered in the wind. "Excuse me." Sabryna pardened herself, leaving her plate uneaten.

"Sabryna, if you want, I can hand over some money to you," Dave offered his daughter a $20 dollar bill. "I don't want you to go hungry."

Sabryna sighed, accepting the bill. She gave her father one last smile before leaving the area. Dave felt ashamed. Had he not made her happy at all?

"More water for you, Mr. Boon?" said a waiter.

"Oh, yes please. Thank you." Dave kept an eye on his daughter. If only you were here dear.


Walking along the stone pathway, waves from the salty sea drowned the chatter from the luncheon. Sabryna felt like she was set free. She never wanted to come to the event. But her father insisted, telling her it's for presentation. Sabryna and Dave weren't very close. Her mother left them when she was three years old. For years she has yearned for her, but her wish was never granted. She never saw her again.

Sabryna took her phone out of her small gray purse. She skimmed through her gallery of pictures. The most obvious of them all was that of her mother, Alicia. She smiled at the woman in her phone. She missed her very much.

"I wish you were here. I know that dad tried his best to raise me but, nannies don't cut it." Sabryna puts her phone back. "At least he encouraged me to pursue my career in finance and accounting. You loved working with money."

Sabryna managed to smile. Following in her mother's footsteps was what kept her going. Still, she wondered how life would've been like if she had a mother of her own. All she could do was dream.

Sabryna sighed. The sun grew bright as it peeked through the clouds. She wanted to go to the beach with her friends, not for some lunch party. Taking off her slippers, she made her way towards the beach. The hot sand made her feet jump.

"Ouch, that burns." said Sabryna. She frantically moved on to the water. The waves got gentle, relieving her feet from the desert-like sand. "Much better, feels like a tickle."

Sabryna stood still for a moment. She gazed at a young mother holding a child in her arms. Another one was about to go snorkeling with her two sons. Sabryna frowned. She turned around to see the glimmering necklace within the sand. Curious, she walked towards it. She knelt down to pick it up, washing it with a passing wave. The green gem seemed to sparkle as Sabryna laid her eyes on it. Little did she know, that this necklace could fill in the void that she's missing.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)