More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 11 by AliC AliC

Do we follow the next contestant, or Ali in her new life?

Rebecca Wilson, the next contestant

Rebecca Wilson, Becky to her friends, Becks to her husband of 22 years and Mom to their three beautiful children, was suffering from a bad case of the butterflies. She wasn't used to doing things like this. How could anyone be used to things like this? Yet it wasn't the show's life changing nature she was scared of as she watched the show's very pretty hostess explain the rules. She'd weighed the 'risks' of that thoroughly enough. No, the source of her nerves was simply doing it all in front of a crowd.

"And let's give a war welcome to Rebecca Wilson!" Jack said.

Becky startled as a spotlight engulfed her. It revealed a 45 year old woman with dishwater blonde hair under attack from its first wisps of gray in a ponytail. She wore a robin's egg blue blouse, a tan bubble skirt that fell just above her knees. Though pretty, it was clear her prime was behind her. Her once perky breasts now sagged. The once shapely, toned thighs she'd had as a college volleyball player, cheerleader and gymnast were now just plump. Though she wasn't fat, an overround tush and a belly that protruded more than she liked were testaments to the excess weight that three childbirths and a life of sitting behind a desk had packed onto her 5'5 frame.

Bekcy[](https://i.pixxx.co/IoBPpMX.jpg

And yet, for all that, she was pretty, and most of it was in the way she carried herself.

"Hello! Thank you for having me!" She said with a wave and a winning smile.

Even past her prime, there was an undeniable glow to Becky; a perpetual cheer that radiated from her warm smile, to her bubbly demeanor to the energy she possessed that was more common to women half her age. She could always find a smile and a friendly greeting for passersby, who always felt their days had become a little brighter for having received it.

Jack certainly noticed it, and it seemed to throw him off balance.

"Well, aren't you an eager beaver." He said, "In fact, I'm told you actually volunteered to be on our show today. What brings you here?"

It was a question Becky had put no small amount of thought into. She'd discovered it through one of her friends, who'd shared it in an outraged Facebook post. But as she watched, her horror at what was done to the contestants was replaced by fascination and then something like thrill. She'd shared it with her husband Rob, who didn't quite seem to understand her interest in it but was obviously flustered by the changes the players went through.

That's when the idea of appearing herself first started turning in her head. Her and her husband's sex life wasn't bad, exactly, just a little stale. She wanted him to look at her the way he did some of the contestants. And she was just so bored with her CPA job that she wasn't all that upset if she lost it. The cash rewards gave her a chance to put some real bread in her family's basket and the other rewards meant she could win some real perks for the kids. And so what if she left radically changed? Although she didn't have any body image problems, Becky wasn't so fond of her looks that she was afraid of changing them. And most contestants left the stage more or less themselves at heart, which she suspected was a deliberate part of the design to keep them embarrassed.

But instead of opening up to much, she gave an 'aww shucks' shrug and a smile.

"Oh it just seemed like fun, you know!" She said, "Everyone wants a new you sometimes, right?"

"Well you're certainly going to get that." The host agreed, "Why don't you tell the audience a bit about yourself."

"I'm a wife, a mother of three and a CPA. My k1ds are Lindsey, Todd and Amanda and they're 22, 19 and 18 respectively. I like gardening, I'm in a cooking club, a women's board game club and I have a fun little lifestyle blog where I post about my family and recipes!"

"That all sounds very active. Well thank you for joining us. Would you like me to go over the rules?"

"Oh, I'm a big fan! No need to break it down for me!" Becky smiled, "Let's go! I'm ready to get into it!"

Jack grinned at that.

"Well, I would hate to refuse a lady. Please make your first selection."

"Let's see..." Becky said tapping her chin with a well manicured nail, "I'll go wiiiith....10!"

"Alright. Show me space number 10! You game has begun, Becky."

Does she get a punishment or a reward?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)