More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by GenericEditor168 GenericEditor168

Who will you start with?

Rairaglaedr, the dragon

In a remote corner of Mirantia, there lies the County of Cove, a land which would be big enough for a duchy were it not covered mostly in dense forest, towering mountains, or forest-covered mountains. Inside that county, in a wood on a mountain plateau, there is an old manor house. And inside that manor house, in the great central room, is the lair of the great dragon, Rairaglaedr the Black.

Now, before any assumptions are made, a few things must be pointed out. His epithet refers to the colour of his scales, not of his heart. The manor house was built for him by dwarves, not stolen from humans. And he is not a ravening beast, rather he is an intelligent being, albeit one capable of levelling cities.

The stereotypical hoard of gold is there, scattered throughout the manor but concentrated in the central room, but its presence is not due to simple greed. Dragons use gold as a bowerbird might use bright materials: to show off to potential mates. It also serves another purpose: dragons draw strength from the precious metal, their magic strengthening with every coin added to the pile - hence its use to attract mates.

Today, he has just awoken to another day in Cove, a day like any other... so far.

How does he start his day?

  • No further chapters
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)