More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 19 by reaper13 reaper13

Do you reach the bridge without incidents?

You discover a ruined tower first

With the doppelganger ahead of you, you walk along the river. The air has gotten chilly, which makes you believe the sun has set. Although with all those trees above and around, you can’t say for certain.

“So, how do I call you?” you suddenly ask the doppelganger.

“Uhm, I don’t know. I’ve had many names. You can choose one if you like.” She replies.

It takes you a minute, but you think you got something for her.

“I think Casey is a good name.” You say.

“Alright, then my name is Casey. What about yours?”

“My name is Sabine.” You introduce yourself.

Next you ask Casey “So how is it that you can change shape like you do?”

Your mirror image turns around, facing you, and starts walking backwards.
“I don’t know, I just do. I could do so for as long as I can remember.”

“I know, I read about doppelgangers.” You reply. “But from what I learnt they could only reflect a person’s shape. You could take on a male version of my shape. That is what I’d like to know about.”

“Oh that.” Casey says. “At first I wasn’t able to do that, but after my 50th year I started training and now it comes to me as simple as if it was normal.”

To make her point, she changes to a male version of you again as you blink.
You instantly place your feet in combat position, draw your sword and point it at him.

“Back to female, Casey. Now!”

Startled, Casey throws his hands up and says. “Okey, okey. I’ll go back.”

At first he seems to stay in his male shape, but then you blink again and he is back to female.
You relax and put your sword back into its scabbard.
“Whenever I’m around, you’re going to stay as a woman. You understand?”

With that agreement out of the way, you continue your journey.
When the river makes a curve, you come across something interesting. Apparently, a long time ago someone decided to build a tower at the bend of the river. This day however, the tower is abandoned and only a ruin of it remains. With Casey in tow, you decide to check it out.

The tower is much like you expected it to be. Covered by moss and full of dust and spider webs. Though to your surprise you find a rack used to hang up armor pieces. Most of them are junk however. The leather armors have been eaten at by rats, and most of the metal armors lay in pieces or are too rusted to be of use. Casey picks up something that looks useable. It is a tonlet.
A series of metal bands, tied to each other in the form of a skirt. You take the tonlet from Casey and put it on. You can’t describe how happy you are to finally have something to cover your hips again. One you got the tonlet on you try to look at yourself, though it’s difficult without a mirror.

“If you want to see, why not look at me?” Casey says.

You look at Casey and see she has already adapted her shape to the way you look now, with the tonlet on. The doppelganger spread her arms and makes a little twirl. You had to giggle based on how cute it made her look.

“Thanks Casey.” You say. “You look quite good in them.”

“Oh please.” The doppelganger replies. “You’re just complimenting yourself.”

The secrets of the tower now revealed, you head back down the stairs and exit the tower. As you walk out of the doorway you hear a familiar voice.

“You didn’t really think you’d get far ahead of me, did you?”

Your hand reaches for your sword as you turn to face the speaker. It is the hunter daemon again. The same one from before. He leaned nonchalantly against the tower wall.

“It’s a good thing you took your time in this tower. It gave me some time to catch my breath.” The hunter says as he brings up his left hand. In it, he is holding a bloodied antler On said antler hangs a familiar pair of undergarments.

“I must admit, it was quite a smart move of you to create this false trail.” He says as he spells your underclothes. “However, my class of daemons is not called ‘hunter’ because it sounds lovely.”

The daemon steps away from the wall and tosses the antler aside.

“Now then.” He says as he glares at you. “Let’s continue where we last left off.”

Can you defeat the hunter daemon now?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)